Bush Failed to Stop al Qaeda During Clinton Years By Scott Ott


A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week’s testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

“The August 6 PDB (President’s Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998,” said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, “and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn’t do anything about these threats until after he became president.”

A former senior official from in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was “aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s.”

If you enjoyed this satire by Scott Ott, you can read more of his work at Scrappleface.

Trending Today

Related Articles

Doing The Jaz McKay Show At 4 PM EST

At 4:00 PM EST, I’m going to be on the Jaz McKay show. Click on Stickam in the left corner

Excerpt Of The Day: Tom Coburn On The National Debt

“Our nation faces an economic challenge today equal to any challenge we have previously faced and now requires our full

43

America Could Suffer an 18-Month Blackout if Only 9 Power Plants Were Attacked

America has around 55,000 power plants–but terrorists would have to target only 9 to create nationwide havoc, such: a blackout that