Girl With Nut Allergy, 4, Stopped Breathing When Plane Passenger Ignored 3 Warnings Not To Open Package Of Nuts
Is there a clearer manifestation of the “I’m gonna get mine and screw everyone else” mentality than this story? 4-year-old Fae Platten lost consciousness on a plane when a man four rows behind her insisted on eating nuts, despite being warned three times not to open the package.
After boarding the Ryanair flight to London Stansted, concerned cabin crew made the three separate announcements, warning of three passengers onboard with nut allergies. But a man sat four rows away from Fae’s family ignored the warnings and opened the snack, causing the youngster’s face to immediately swell up.
Although her worried mum, Katy, 30, rushed her daughter to the front of the plane, the air conditioning meant there was no way she could get away from the nut particles circulating in the air. An emergency call was put out for medical staff on board and an ambulance worker leapt into action administering the youngster’s epi pen – the first time she has needed it.
Maybe the passenger was just totally oblivious–although it’s hard to believe someone could “forget” after being warned three times. Or maybe he’s a self-centered jerk who doesn’t care. Either way, I’m sure banning him from the airline would teach him an important lesson.