Obama Tells Young African Leaders That His Family’s Polygamist Past “Made Sense” (Video)
Barack’s father was a polygamist, and he’s cool with that. After all, it made sense:
Rush: Again at the inaugural summit of the Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders, another question from the audience. “I just wanted to find out how committed is the United States to assisting Africa in closing gender inequalities from contributing to gender-based violence, which threatens the achievements of many millennium development goals such as access to universal education.”
Does this question make any sense to anybody? Let’s try this again. Future African leader. Question. I’m gonna read the question verbatim. “I just wanted to find out how committed is the US to assisting Africa in closing gender inequalities from contributing to gender-based violence, which threatens the achievements of many millennium development goals such as access to universal education, eradicating HIV and AIDS?” Remember, the question’s about gender inequalities and what would the US do to assist in closing them. Well, okay. It’s kind of a – it’s a question – you couldn’t diagram that sentence. You could not diagram that. It doesn’t make any sense. The modifiers are all wrong. The syntax is bad. It’s like bad code in an app.
But Obama nevertheless took the question, and here is – dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut – the answer.
OBAMA: This is where sometimes traditions can get in the way. As many of you know my father was from Kenya. We see this in other parts of the world. Some of the old ways of gender relations might have made sense in a particular setting, all right? So in Kenya, for example, in the Luo tribe, polygamy existed. It was based on the idea that women had their own compounds, they had their own land, and so they were empowered in that area to be self-sufficient. And then urbanization happened, suddenly the men may be traveling to the city, and suddenly there is another family in the city and the women who are left back in the villages may not be empowered.
RUSH: No wonder this guy hates the suburbs. No wonder, but that’s a side issue. Did you hear what you just heard? You want me to translate this for you? ‘Cause I am perhaps the only one who can. All right. Listen to it again. Here’s the answer. Forget the question. It’s about gender inequalities and what would the US do to help Africa get rid of ‘em, and Obama basically said, “Now, wait a minute. There are certain times, like when my dad was alive, that polygamy, gender inequality, hey, it was cool.”
Couldn’t this argument be used for almost everything?
“Yeah, I know Andrew Jackson gave the Natives blankets with small pox, but it was the Old West and it made sense then.”
“Yeah, I know women were relegated to the secretary pools, but it was the 1960s and it made sense then.”
“Yeah, I know Obama’s first term was a complete failure, but I didn’t want to be called a racist, so it made sense then.”
Furthermore, I’d like to point out that Obama’s whole point is to say in order to move forward, you need to get rid of traditions.
Because they get in the way of progress.
Hat Tip: Gateway Pundit
Facebook37.1kTwitter36Email1 This dad punches the crap out of two girls attacking his daughter. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same if a pack of thugs were beating on your child....Read More
Duane Lester is co-founder of All American Blogger, and the primary writer. Following graduation, Duane entered the United States Navy as a journalist. He spent five years touring the world, reporting on local news and sports. Following his enlistment, Duane spent almost 10 years working with adjudicated youth in residential treatment environments. Duane discovered politics after September 11. He credits Erich "Mancow" Muller for opening his eyes to his conservative beliefs. Since then, Duane has devoured books and literature on politics, reading everything he can from Adam Smith to Larry Elder to Thomas Sowell. He refers to his style of politics as "conserva-tarian", a mixture of conservative and libertarian beliefs.
FacebookTwitterEmail Late last month, the fine folks at Holtzbrinck Publishers offered, via email, to send me a complimentary copy of
FacebookTwitterEmail Back On Monday: RWN takes the weekends off. We’ll be back on Monday…
FacebookTwitterEmail Dick Morris is a really brilliant guy about 75% of the time and the other 25% of the time,