Yesterday, hillariously, Obama supporter, Texas State Senator Kirk Watson, got pinned down by Chris Matthews and was forced to admit that he supported Obama despite the fact that he couldn’t name a single thing that Obama had ever accomplished.
Here’s the video if you’d like to watch Watson being humiliated,
But, wait — it gets better! How?
Well, after the fact, Watson actually tried to come up with a list of Obama’s “accomplishments” after the fact. So, imagine it: Watson is highly motivated because he has made his candidate look bad on TV, so he does heavy research, he talks to his fellow Obama supporters, and he probably even called Obama’s campaign.
So, what did Watson manage to come up with? This is it…
* Senator Obama’s fight for universal children’s health care in Illinois.
* His success bringing Republicans and Democrats together (a huge selling point for me in general) on bills such as the one in Illinois requiring police interrogations and confessions to be videotaped.
* His leadership on ethics reform in Washington (the bill that lobbyists and special interests are complaining about right now has his name on it).
* His bill to make the federal budget far more transparent and accessible to Americans via the Internet — we could use that openness in Texas.
* And his vital work with Republicans to lock down nuclear weapons around the world.
So, we have two Mickey Mouse items from his time in the state Senate of Illinois, an ethics bill that was weaker than what Republicans like Jim DeMint wanted, and a couple of bills that Obama tagged along with Republicans on, that would have been passed with or without his support.
That’s it? You mean, you take that unimpressive set of “accomplishments” and combine it with repeating “change,” “hope,” “unity,” and “yes, we can” 4 million times, and that’s good enough to make you President of the United States?
FacebookTwitterEmail Close-quarters combat just got a little more deadly with the introduction of this gas-injection knife. It allows you to inject compressed gasses into whatever you stab, effectively blowing it...Read More
FacebookTwitterEmail Question: “What would it take to get Alan Keyes on the ticket should Cheney drop out?” — Ned_Schnittt Answer:
NYT Hypocrisy: Having Exposed US Data-Mining To Target Terrorists, NYT Now Itself Employs Data-Mining To Target Customers By Ace
FacebookTwitterEmail In the Village Voice. The only good thing about leftist rags is that they hate establishment liberals almost as