RWN’s Favorite 15 Quotes Of The Day For 2006
On a semi-regular basis throughout the year, RWN has posted “Quotes of the Day.” Here are my favorite 15 “Quotes of the Day” for 2006.
15) “The Republicans lost and the Democrats won for the same reason — they distanced themselves from their base.” — Dave S. from Tim Blair’s comment section Via Instapundit & Eject!Eject!Eject!
14) “Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered special services to “find and destroy” the killers of four Russian diplomats taken hostage in Iraq.” — BBC News
13) “(Keith) Olbermann has a Teflon ego. No matter how stupid he looks or how obviously wrong he is or how completely devoid of wit his copy is, he is perpetually pleased as punch with himself and convinced that the rest of the world is as moist over his brilliance as he is. It’s almost like schizophrenia.
Olbermann: I’m the wittiest, cleverest pundit in all the galaxy! All sentient beings worship me and wish to carry my magical seed!
Orderly: You’re in an observation cell clutching a beanie baby and standing in your own poo.
Olbermann: What? An autograph? Why of COURSE!” — Steve H.
12) “I think An Inconvenient Truth is a convenient starting point for changing hearts and minds on the global warming issue. But in order to truly make a difference, I believe it needs some sort of marketing tie-in. People need to know this problem hits close to home. And they need to know it transcends mere politics. They need a reason to cross partisan boundaries—a reason to unite on the steps of Capitol Hill and hold hands and sing the Pledge of Allegiance and/or We Shall Overcome.
Only one thing can compel people to act this way. And that one thing is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s baby, Shiloh.
11) In order to stop global warming, Al Gore has to threaten to kill that baby.” — Jonathan David Morris and yes, it is satire.
“Many people in Washington have long known a dirty little secret about tax-cut measures: When done right, they actually result in more money for the government.
Ever since the Senate approved the last major tax relief bill, in 2003, revenues have increased every year. In 2004, they went up 5.5%. Last year, they rose 14.5%, the largest increase in nearly 25 years.
Total government collections, in fact, increased more after President Bush’s 2003 tax cuts than they did after President Clinton’s 1994 tax hikes.” — Bill Frist
10) “A couple of years back, I began some generalization or other by saying, “The difference between America and Canada is . . .” And the American I was imparting this insight to interrupted me with: “The difference between America and Canada is that Americans don’t care what the difference between America and Canada is.” — Mark Steyn
9) “Well, thank you for the Hezbollah view…” — Tony Snow to Helen Thomas
8) “If a drunken Mel Gibson did indeed call out, “Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world,” then there can be only one possible place for a man who believes such things: as the next Secretary General of the United Nations.” — David Frum
7) “The New York Times and other news organizations ought to think long and hard about whether a public’s right to know in some cases might override somebody’s right to live.” — Tony Snow
6) “Is it wrong for me to ask questions
Is it wrong to seek the truth
I can’t just blindly accept their version
I can’t base my logic on proof
Almost all the evidence points one way
but I’m like Charlie Sheen and Gloria Estefan
I need to know what really happened on 9/11
9/11, 9/11, what really happened on 9/11.” — Cartman, South Park”
5) “There are no bad guys on the left. There are only people who’ve been driven to desperation by conservative evil.” — Allahpundit
4) “The Democratic Party can never be an adult party; they buy votes to get elected and it’s the only way they get elected. If Republicans won’t be an adult party, America won’t have one.” — Republican Congressman Tom Feeney
3) “Karl, yesterday Ted Kennedy gave a passionate speech on the Senate floor supporting President Bush’s proposal. If you get in bed with Ted Kennedy, you’re going to get more than sleep.” — Congressman Rick Keller’s remark to Karl Rove
2) “(T)he president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map.” — Israel’s Vice Premier Shimon Peres
1) “You may find people who will contend that patriotism is something to be a little bit embarrassed about or that honor is somewhat outdated as a notion and that concentrating on America’s imperfection makes you a realist. Not so. That’s the sign of a cynic. Being a cynic is easy. You can just sit back, heckle from the cheap seats, while others serve, storm beaches, build nations, meet their destinies. Idealists write history’s stirring chapters; cynics read those chapters and seem not to understand. Choose to be an idealist. There have always been those who contend that what’s wrong with the world is America. Don’t believe it.” — Donald Rumsfeld
Question: Why don’t you have a Payback Project for the defeatocrats in Congress who want to cut and run in
This is typical of Leftists. They love to give each other awards for any reason. And if they don’t a
Excellent article by Seth Godin about what it takes to succeed on the internet and everywhere: The media wants overnight