Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Sets Teen Girl’s Bed on Fire After Overheating

Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Sets Teen Girl’s Bed on Fire After Overheating

Talk about a wake-up call! A 13-year-old Texas girl awoke to find her bed: and pillow on fire after the battery in her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone overheated.

article-2706014-1FFB755200000578-737_634x335

She told KDFW she placed the phone under the pillow before she fell asleep. Later that night, she smelled something burning. ‘I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,’ Tolfree said.

Under her pillow, she discovered her phone charted and partially melted. Her sheets, mattress and pillow were also scorched. Her father said the phone must have overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a small fire.

Samsung insists it was a freak accident caused by the girl using a non-Samsung battery in the phone. But stuff like this is bound to become more common as more people become inseparable from their phones and laptops–to the point of actually sleeping with them.

Also see: Joe Geoghagan Is A 31 Year Old Veteran And He’s Begging The VA Not To Let Him Starve To Death

Related Articles

Q&A Friday #23: Why Does The Left Hate The Military?

FacebookTwitterEmail Question: “Why does the left hate the military and its volunteers so much?” — rpearso3 “Why does the left

1

President Obama maintains a secret schedule in which he hides celebrity dinners, public appearances and even golf outings hidden from the American people

FacebookTwitterEmail The so-called worst president in 70 years likes to keep his secrets. But, I wonder what else he’s keeping

2

Today Is The Day

FacebookTwitterEmail We are at a tipping point. I think today we will know if this boondoggle of a healthcare bill

Share This

Share this post with your friends!