The 20 Most Obnoxious Anti-Palin Quotes So Far
Has there ever been a vice-presidential nominee who has inspired as much hatred, fear, and outright sexism as Sarah Palin has in such a short period of time? Keep in mind that quotes about Sarah Palin and her family you are about to read — many of which are from members of the mainstream media — have been generated in a mere 3 weeks time. If I missed any, forgive me. I’m not entirely sure it’s possible for any one human being to keep up with the amount of bile that’s being spewed at Sarah Palin and her family right now by the netroots, liberal celebs, and the mainstream media.
Honorable Mention: “You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig. You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called ‘change,’ it’s still going to stink. After eight years, we’ve had enough of the same old thing. It’s time to bring about real change to Washington and that’s the choice you’ve got in this election.” — Barack Obama with a quip his audience — and many others — thought was aimed at Palin. He denies that he was referring to Palin as a pig.
20) “What is the difference between Palin and a Muslim fundamentalist? Lipstick.” — Juan Cole at Salon
19) “Is our country so divided that the Republicans best hope is a narrow minded, media obsessed homophobe?
…Women have come a long way in the fight to have the choice over what we do with our bodies… And its frightening to see that a woman in 2008 would negate all of that.
Oh, and…Hint Hint Pali Pal- Don’t pose for anymore tabloid covers, you’re not a celebrity, you’re running for office to represent our, your, my COUNTRY!
And in the words of Pamela Anderson, “She can suck it”..” — Lindsay Lohan
18) (John McCain has chosen a running mate) “whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.” — South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler
17) “With Sarah Palin, America has taken one very large leap toward a completely theocratic politics.” — Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic
16) “They are true believers in the idea that one can be very sexy but also desexualized, which is why Palin is being treated like this giant sex object, because she’s got a practiced ability at being f*ckable without showing that she might be the sort who wants to f*ck.” — Former John Edwards’s blogger Amanda Marcotte from Pandagon
15) “If the media reaction is anything, it’s been literally laughter in many places across newsrooms.” — Eleanor Clift, the McLaughlin Group
14) “Sarah Palin may be a lady, but she ain’t no woman. I confess, it was pretty riveting when John McCain trotted out Sarah Palin for the first time. Like many people, I thought, “D*mn, a hyperconservative, f*ckable, Type A, antiabortion, Christian Stepford wife in a ‘sexy librarian’ costume — as a vice president? That’s a brilliant stroke of horrifyingly cynical pandering to the Christian right. Karl Rove must be behind it.” — Cintra Wilson, Salon
13) “Bad Mother Palin is blabbing about how her pregnant teenage daughter has made the right CHOICE!!! Well, first of all, Ms. Palin, I mean MRS. Palin, your slutty daughter wouldn’t have a CHOICE to make at all, if you had your way!!! …I can see that she gets off talking badly to Barack, and I am sure the “N” word is rollin around that empty head of hers somewhere.” — Roseanne Barr
12) “Some working mothers worry that Palin is taking on too much” And “Some voters concerned if Palin, a mother of five has time to be VP.” — Tickers on MSNBC
11) “If I were writing a letter to Sarah Palin it would be a lot of whys and hows. Who are you? Do you know? Why do you hate animals? Please point out Iraq on a map.” — Pink
10) “They shouldn’t have the right to call themselves Christian, for they have no Christ-like attributes. I am a feminist and a Christian – and when I see Sarah Palin – I see neither. And it is official. She is evil.” — Margaret Cho
9) “But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?” — Dr Laura Schlessinger
8) “It’s like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom, you know, ‘oh, I’m just a hockey mom’… and she’s facing down President Putin… It’s totally absurd… it’s a really terrifying possibility… I need to know if she really think that dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago. I want to know that, I really do. Because she’s gonna have the nuclear codes.” — Matt Damon
7) “She’s the woman who shows up at the kid’s birthday party and starts opining about everything from politics to lawn care. This is the woman that knows it all. Will shout you down, will get revenge on you. That’s who she is.
She’s friends with all the teenage boys. You have to say no when your kids say, ‘can we sleep over at the Palin’s? No! NO!'” — Randi Rhodes
6) “Her greatest hypocrisy is in her pretense that she is a woman.” — Wendy Doniger at the Washington Post
5) “Kristan, we’ve talked this morning about whether a mother of five can handle being the vice president. who looks after the kids when she’s working? Do you know?” – CBS’ Maggie Rodriguez on the “Early Show
4) “A few years ago, CBS gave serious consideration to a reality series called The Real Beverly Hillbillies. The idea was to “transplant genuine Appalachian natives into the world of Los Angeles glitz and glamour.” It never happened. But now it has, with a twist – Alaskan hillbillies have been transplanted into the world of Washington politics.” — John Doyle at the Globe and Mail
3) “The Bible says to whom much is given much is required and it comes out of that tradition. So it was insulting to see both, you know, (Sarah Palin) as well as Mayor Giuliani criticize people. There’s some on the Internet now that Jesus was a community organizer, Pontius Pilate was a governor. And perhaps they should understand the role of a community organizer, do help people in distress.” — Donna Brazille On CNN’s Situation Room
2) “Sarah, I’m calling you a liar. And not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better.” — Daily Kos diarist ArcXIX
1) “The broader question if Sarah Palin becomes vice president, will she be shortchanging her kids or will she be shortchanging the country?” — NBC correspondent Amy Robach