The Chi-Coms Almost Poisoned My Dog

Back on August 3rd of this month, I wrote this,

I tried to buy some chicken jerky for the dog from Wal-Mart the other day. However, there was a block on the product at the register. Apparently, that’s how they keep you from buying poisoned Chinese dog treats that will make your dog’s liver explode — if the item accidentally gets placed on the shelves.

Nothing against the people who work at Wal-Mart (after all, my first job after college was at a Wal-Mart photo studio), but it makes me nervous that the only thing standing between my dog’s life and an agonizing death via Chi-Com-poison-laced pet snacks may have been a cashier at Wal-Mart.

Yesterday, I found out that my suspicions about the “Chinese Connection” my dog almost had with poison Chinese Scooby Snacks were right on target,

Dog treats pulled from WalMart shelves in July have tested positive for melamine.

WalMart spokeswoman Deisha Galberth said 17 sets of tests were done on dog treats made in China. All tests found traces of the chemical agent melamine.

The company pulled chicken jerky strips from import Pyongyang Pet Product Co. and chicken jerky from Shanghai Bistro Trading in late July after some customers said the products made their pets sick.

This is what a dog looks like after he doesn’t eat poisoned Chinese chicken jerky….

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!

Send this to a friend