The Republic Of Stevietopia: I
The Republic Of Stevietopia: I ran across a post in the Utopia Politics Forums from a guy named KindFluffySteve who’s a hard core socialist and I decided to chime in with my opinion of his ideas. He never directly responded to me but there were 90+ posts responding to his ideas….
kindfluffysteve: anybody want to help me write the constitution for this wonderful fictitious new country???? Stevietopia is a democractic state without an upper house.
1) Elections are Held every 10 years
2) Citizens presenting X number of signatures may force a referendum on any issue.
3) No changes to constitution without a referendum.
4) formulaic enshrinement of socialistic style policies in the constitution. (minimun limits set to ensure progressive taxation and state power forever)
Archfiend: 1) All Conservatives have to work 16 hours a day in the acid mines!
2) Anyone who argues against socialism gets dragged off to a gulag along with all those Falun Gong guys.
3) Socialistic principles guarantee that everyone gets the same number of rocks and the same amount of mud in their daily feeding at the government kitchen.
4) Except on Sundays when it’s free ice cream for everybody! Hooray!
kindfluffysteve: “kfs, while I admire your attempts to find a better way of doing things, enshrining socialism in a country constitution is a retro step. How about making as few rules as possible, and just let peole live their lives without the governmnt telling them how to do everything? “
because in my opinion that leads to too much freedom. Too much freedom in urban societies is freedom to be a nuisance. In stevietopia, Nobody is alowed to be a nuisance. great eh? free trade with suitable states, others up for negotiation. for example: You Will let Unionisation Happen in your country if you want to trade with mine. but this flexible.
Archfiend:Too much freedom?
I think you need a better, more representative name for your country than the Socialist Republic of Stevietopia..
Maybe something like…
– Empire of the Chained
– The All Smothering Realm Of Stevietopia
– Prison Campotopia
kindfluffysteve: “…drugs such as pot…?” pot will be legal. Socially harmful drugs not. I think coke is too damaging for future health care. commercial enterprise is welcome to build theme parks however the people will through taxation be paying for the worlds greatest space program.
Archfiend: “commercial enterprise is welcome to build theme parks however the people will through taxation be paying for the worlds greatest space program.”
That would make for a great election slogan…
– You may be shipped off to concentration camps at any time…but we have the worlds greatest space program!
– I live in a palace and eat caviar off of naked peasant girls while you eat radiated blackberries you found around the Stevienobyl nuclear plant…but we have the worlds greatest space program!
– You stood in line for three hours waiting to get toilet paper today…but we have the worlds greatest space program!
– Our intelligence agencies made your cousin Lenny disapear because he said he didn’t like comrade Stevie…but we have the worlds greatest space program!
– Half our nation’s defense budget is spent for thugs, land mines, walls, and attack dogs to keep people from fleeing the country…but we have the worlds greatest space program!
There’s plenty more in the thread here but it’ll be off the board soon enough.