The Rightosphere Temperature Check For February: McCain-A-Mania!
Right Wing News emailed more than 240 right-of-center bloggers and asked them to answer 9 questions. The following 59 blogs responded,
Aaron’s CC, Absinthe & Cookies, The Absurd Report, Argghhhh!, AtlanticBlog, Baldilocks, Betsy’s Page, Blonde Sagacity, Bluey Blog, Keith Burgess-Jackson, Lorie Byrd, The Captain’s Journal, Conservative Grapevine, Dispatches from Blogblivion, Classical Values, Dr. Melissa Clouthier, Conservatives With Attitude (Hank), Conservatives With Attitude (Michael), Dr. Helen, Eckernet, Musings, Cassy Fiano, Fraters Libertas, David Frum’s Blog, Jeff Gannon – A Voice of the New Media, GayPatriot, GraniteGrok, Mary Katharine Ham’s Blog, JackLewis, (Brian) Liberty Pundit, Likelihood of Success, Midnight Blue, Moonbattery, mountaineer musings, The Jawa Report, Newsbeat1, Nosiy Room, No Oil For Pacifists, (Buckley) The Nose On Your Face, (Potfry) The Nose On Your Face, Pal2pal, Pirate’s Cove, QandO, Reformed Chicks Blabbing, Riehl World View, Right Thinking From The Left Coast, Right Wing Rocker, Samizdata, Say Anything, Don Singleton, Sister Toldjah, Slobokan’s Site Of Schtuff, The Smallest Minority, Solomonia , Southern Appeal, dcthornton.com, Townhall (Katie), Trying To Grok, WILLisms,
The bloggers were asked to select answers to the following questions (because some bloggers skipped particular questions, gave answers that weren’t listed, or gave answers that were difficult to categorize, there are not 59 responses to each question.)
1) Do you intend to vote for John McCain in November?
A) Yes: 40 — 75%
B) No: 13 — 25%
2) Do you consider John McCain to be a conservative?
A) Yes: 19 — 34%
B) No: 37 — 66%
3) Do you trust John McCain to appoint Supreme Court Justices like Roberts and Alito?
A) Yes: 32 — 55%
B) No: 26 — 45%
4) Do you believe John McCain will do a good job of handling the war in Iraq?
A) Yes: 56 — 95%
B) No: 3 — 5%
5) Do you trust John McCain to secure the border before working on any sort of path to citizenship for illegal immigrants?
A) Yes: 7 — 12%
B) No: 51 — 88%
6) Do you believe John McCain will get deficit spending under control?
A) Yes: 25 — 43%
B) No: 33 — 57%
7) Do you think John McCain will win in November if his opponent is Hillary Clinton?
A) Yes: 49 — 86%
B) No: 8 — 14%
8) Do you think John McCain will win in November if his opponent is Barack Obama?
A) Yes: 24 — 42%
B) No: 33 — 58%
9) How enthusiastic would you be about actually having John McCain as President on a 10 scale? Think of a score of 10 as being extremely enthusiastic and excited and 1 as being about very upset and unenthusiastic.
Average score: 4.7