The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2007 Edition
Honorable Mentions: ACLU, Barbra Streisand, Bill Clinton, Bill Moyers, Bill Richardson, Brian DePalma, CAIR, Chuck Schumer, Code Pink, Columbia University, David Gregory, Dennis Kucinich, Ellen DeGeneres, George Soros, Glenn Greenwald, Helen Thomas, Howard Dean, Jack Cafferty, James Cameron, Jesse Jackson, Joe Biden, John Cougar Mellencamp, John Kerry, John Murtha, John Soltz, John Kerry, Juan Cole, Kathy Griffin, MoveOn, New York Times, Pete Stark, Randi Rhodes, Ray Nagin, Roseanne Barr, Scott Thomas Beauchamp/New Republic, Sean Penn, Ted Kennedy, William Arkin
20) Barack Obama: It’s almost tempting to leave Bambi off the list since he’s not a race-baiting parasite like Al Sharpton and more importantly, because Hillary Clinton probably dreams of gouging his eyes out with an ice cream scoop every night.
On the other hand, anybody who got into the Senate by beating Alan Keyes and who hasn’t yet served a full term, isn’t by any objective standard even qualified to be President. Still, America’s most vapid politician, a guy who should have had his presidential campaign sponsored by Hallmark greeting cards — because in a whole year’s time, I’m not sure he said anything deeper than something you’ve read on the back of one of those cards — is now the favorite to be the Democratic nominee.
Hillary’s people have been trying to start fake whispering campaigns that the guy is secretly a Muslim and a former coke dealer, but they should be trying to get Fabio and the “Let’s Get Ready to Rumble” guy to endorse her campaign instead. Why? Because the only two things Obama has going for him are that he’s nice looking and he has a great voice and maybe Fabio and Michael Buffer combined could help Hillary’s campaign match Barack strength for strength.
Defining Quote: “The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a (flag) pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.” — Barack Obama explaining why he refuses to wear a flag pin
Defining Picture: Barack Obama doesn’t bother raising his hand for the national anthem.
19) Cindy Sheehan: Poor “Mother” Sheehan. This year, she went from being the “Rosa Parks of the anti-war movement” for criticizing Bush to becoming persona-non-grata on the Left for attacking Democrats, too.
In fact, the Dems turned on her so completely that she was even banned from the Daily Kos after she decided to try to cry her way into Nancy Pelosi’s congressional seat this year.
But, unlike those liberals, I’m a compassionate person, which is why I decided to try to help Cindy out by making a couple of campaign videos for her,
Still, even though I am backing Cindy Sheehan in her run against Nancy Pelosi, I do have to admit that she is rusty-nails-across-a-chalk-board, hit-yourself-in-the-face-with-a-frying-pan, Roseanne Barr-singing-the-national-anthem annoying and thus, deserves inclusion on this list.
Defining Quote: “(The collapse of the Twin Towers) does look to me like a controlled demolition – I’m not an expert – but it does look to me like a controlled demolition – I’m looking at common sense. I do see some very high profile people saying it was an inside job.” — Cindy Sheehan
18) Michael Moore: I guess transparently dishonest propaganda doesn’t sell as well as it used to because even though liberal film critics praised Sicko to the skies, it only grossed 24 million at the box office as opposed to the cool 119 mil that Fahrenheit 9/11 raked in.
Not only did Sicko contain all the lies and distortions people have come to expect from Michael Moore, grotesquely, he flacked for dictator Fidel Castro’s horrific health care system in Cuba during the film. Even for a liberal like Moore, that’s pretty embarrassing.
Defining Video: Fred Thompson helped gin up a hot following on the net by putting out this video declining Michael Moore’s pathetic request for a debate and suggesting instead, that Moore should enter a mental institution.
17) Ted Rall: Rall is a former winner of the Most Annoying Liberal award and he’s certainly still annoying as ever, but as time has passed, he has become more pathetic and irrelevant, and you almost sense that he spews forth a little bile every so often primarily because it makes him feel like a big man to still have people complaining about him.
With that in mind I could say more, but Rall’s not important enough to merit anything further.
16) Jimmy Carter: It’s hard to imagine what must have gone through George Bush’s head after he was called the “worst President ever“ by a POTUS as hapless as Jimmy Carter.
Defining Quote: “Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared.” — Ted Rall
That’s sort of like having Michael Vick accuse of you of not being a dog lover or having Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accuse you of being unfriendly to Jews.
And speaking of being unfriendly to Jews, 14 members of Jimmy Carter’s own Carter Center advisory board resigned in protest over his book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, which was nothing but a sloppy kiss to genocidal, Palestinian terrorists.
Of course, that book was just par-for-the course for a wretched, foolish, petty, little man who spends his days rhetorically attacking his own country while pandering to the worst sort of strong men and dictators around the world. It’s terrifying to think that a naive simpleton like Carter could have ever actually been the President of the United States.
Defining Quote: “And I think the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world.” — Jimmy Carter castigates the British for cooperating with his own country
15) Bill Maher: Faux Libertarian Bill Maher reminds me a lot of Ann Coulter: well, if Ann Coulter were liberal, a guy, much less talented, not very insightful, and could get away with pretty much anything.
For example, Bill Maher essentially got a free pass for saying,
“I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow….I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Bill Maher
Here’s another one,
“I love America; it’s Americans I can’t stand!” — Bill Maher
Maher is an irritable, rabidly anti-Christian, unpleasant creep with a nasty attitude and this defining quote would seem to indicate there’s not much difference between his private and public persona,
Defining Quote: “Bill wants someone he can put down in an argument, tell you how ghetto you are, how big your butt is, and that you’re an idiot. That’s why you never see him with a white girl or an intellectual. I might as well have been a Muslim woman with my head wrapped, walking 10 paces behind my man. [But] I couldn’t be ‘Bill Maher’s girlfriend’ any more – not when I’m Karrine Steffans . . . best-selling author.” — Karrine Steffans
14) The Huffington Post: Imagine a slightly bigger version of the Daily Kos that featured “C-List” celebrities saying incredibly dumb things instead of just random schmoes on the internet and you have Arianna Huffington’s lazy-eyed baby, the Huffington Post.
Whether it’s trashing the troops, conspiracy theories, or making merry after some Republican goes to the hospital or dies, the HuffPo will be ready, willing, and able to meet your annoying liberal needs,
Defining Quote #1: “I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don’t want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, whose judgment I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, “how bout just washing the one square out.”Sheryl Crow
Defining Quote #2: “I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya.” — Charles Karel Bouley
13) Chris Matthews: There are a lot of unfathomable mysteries in life. Like, what the hell is wrong with Britney Spears, does Paris Hilton’s IQ reach into triple digits, and perhaps most importantly, how does Chris Matthews’ show Hardball stay on the air?
Liberals don’t like him. Conservatives hold him in contempt. Hardball not only gets bad ratings, the show has been around for a decade, so it isn’t like it’s just about to mature into a real hit.
So how does Chris Matthews keep his job and does it involve his being the biggest suck-up in the television news business or does it have more to do with his possession of embarrassing pictures of an MSNBC executive at a Tijuana whorehouse? It’s another one of those “unfathomable mysteries”…
Defining Quote: “Calling his show “Hardball” is like rechristening ping-pong “Thermonuclear Warfare.” Displays the slurred, unmodulated speech and unfocused antagonism of an aggrieved middle-management drunk. Can read a scurrilous political attack into any paragraph at twenty paces. Continues honing his pointless questions as his guests attempt to answer, cutting them off with an affected imperial weariness when their responses are insufficiently inane. Apparently ignorant of the implications of satellite technology, Matthews shouts louder at geographically more distant guests.” — The Beast
12) Geraldo Rivera: Geraldo has exactly one skill: he’s willing to take monstrous risks to get a hot story. If you need a guy to wander into the middle of a bunch of brawling skinheads, Geraldo is your guy. If you want someone to go talk an AIDS-infested addict who’s threatening to stick people with his bloody needles, Geraldo will do it. If you want a person to try to interview people who are actually engaged in a house-to-house gunfight in Afghanistan, have Geraldo on speed dial.
However, as you’d expect, anyone with that mentality is either insanely brave or an airheaded ditz and Geraldo falls into the latter category, which makes him come across like a moron when he actually tries to give his opinion on a subject, as opposed to just describing things he’s watching happen in front of him.
The worst example of this is on illegal immigration, where Geraldo is so rabidly pro-illegal that he would probably favor driving Americans out of the Southern half of the United States to make more room for people who might want to sneak into the country.
Defining Video: Geraldo’s screaming match over illegal immigration with Bill O’Reilly.
Defining Quote: “It’s good (Michelle Malkin’s) in D.C. and I’m in New York. I’d spit on her if I saw her.” — Geraldo Rivera
11) John Edwards: Silky Pony may be America’s least authentic politician. He talks about America as if we’re in the midst of a depression and he’s constantly promising to represent the little guy against the rich “special interests” — which is about as good a description as you’re ever going to get of him since he’s a filthy rich trial lawyer who caters to the unions.
Meanwhile, in between his national poverty tours and pleas for America to help the legions of starving street urchins we apparently have in this country who can’t afford $10 coats at Wal-Mart, Edwards is living in a mansion and getting $400 haircuts.
Then there was the time that he had his sick wife call Hardball to attack Coulter for beating up on him for being a pantywaist — which, incidentally, just enforced that impression.
Worst of all, there was the time the Breck Girl’s campaign encouraged people to send his wife sympathy notes because of her cancer and then sent fund raising emails out to all of those people. There’s nothing quite like cynically exploiting your own wife’s illnes to collect a few extra bucks for your political campaign.
Defining Quote: “If by “running feud” you mean the way Edwards cries every time I make a joke about him, yes, I think that has not made him seem more commander-in-chief like to most voters. I predict he’s going to have a bad hair day in Iowa, and another one in New Hampshire.” — Ann Coulter on her feud with John Edwards
10) Mike Malloy: If you ever want to know why liberal talk radio hasn’t caught on, look at Mike Malloy. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity get accused of being angry because they’re tough on the Democrats, but you can almost picture Malloy secretly murdering Republicans on the week-ends and burying them in the crawlspace under his house.
Of course, when a guy is too furiously radical for even Air America to take, it is a pretty good indication that he’s off the charts wacko enough to say things like,
Defining Quote #1: “I used to have violence fantasies about Scott McClellan because of the impenetrable wall of idiocy and supposed ignorance, some of which was probably not supposed, that behind which he used to hide at every press conference. All those feelings are being shifted now to Dana Perino, violence fantasies.” — Mike Malloy
Defining Quote #2: “Drudge? Aw, Drudge, somebody ought to wrap a strong Republican entrail around his neck and hoist him up about six feet in the air and watch him bounce.” — Mike Malloy
9) The Daily Kos: The funny thing about the Daily Kos is that the farther “out there” they get, the more thoroughly they seem to be mainstreamed into the Democratic Party.
Last year, Democratic contenders for the Presidency — like Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards — went to the Yearly Kos convention to kiss the rings of Kossacks and Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas got a gig writing for Newsweek.
Meanwhile, here’s the sort of things that was being posted by the diarists on the Daily Kos,
Defining Quote #1: “So to sum up, I don’t like our troops, I don’t like what they’re doing, I don’t like their fat, whining families, and yet, I support them. Thank God I live in a free country. Thank You.” — AWhitneyBrown
Defining Quote #2: “I wrote a diary a short time ago about how the Bush administration helped ruin my marriage. It wasn’t because my husband was a Bush supporter or anything…it was because of all the stresses from job loses, living without health insurance and getting sick, to my husband being forced to take a job where he wasn’t home much that helped ruin my marriage.” — angrybird
Defining Quote #3: “I know I’m a Jewish lesbian and (Ahmadinejad would) probably have me killed. But still, the guy speaks some blunt truths about the Bush Administration that make me swoon…
Okay, I admit it. Part of it is that he just looks cuddly. Possibly cuddly enough to turn me straight. I think he kind of looks like Kermit the Frog. Sort of. With smaller eyes. But that’s not all…” — sallykohn
8) Joy Behar: After Rosie O’Donnell left The View, you had to figure that Whoopi Golberg would take over for her in the annoying, hate-filled, conspiracy-mongering department, but instead, it was Joy Behar who filled the gap.
Last year the whole show made the list, but this year Behar was so singularly awful that she deserves to be personally recognized for her work.
On the other hand, maybe I’m just laying off the show because if the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy wanted to discredit the Left, there would be no better way to do it than to put 3 braindead, yammering, liberal yentas together with one token conservative in front of a large audience every day. I mean you have to think that having people regularly listen to this sort of drivel from Joy Behar almost can’t help but aid conservatives,
Defining Quote #1: “I don’t know what it’s going to take for people to really wake up and understand that they [the Bush administration] are liars and they are murderers.” — Joy Behar
Defining Quote #2: “Is there such a thing as a man-made stroke? In other words, did someone do this to (Democratic Senator Tim Johnson)? …I know what this [Republican] party is capable of.” — Joy Behar
7) Al Sharpton: In recent years Al Sharpton has surpassed Jesse Jackson to become America’s race-hustler-in-chief. If there is money to be made or media coverage to be had playing black and white people against each other, you can be sure that Al Sharpton will be right in the middle of it, mugging for the cameras and trying to find a way to make a few bucks.
This year he managed to latch on to the Jena Six case, which featured 6 thugs knocking a kid unconscious from behind and trying to stomp him to death until they were pulled off of him. If that was the only information you had, you might think that Sharpton was standing up for the kid who was savagely attacked — but, no — Sharpton, being Sharpton, was agitating for the six people who launched the assault.
His other big “accomplishments” were having Don Imus and “Dog the Bounty Hunter” publicly ask him for help after they upset racial sensibilities. In both cases, Sharpton gleefully made a big show of their requests for his forgiveness and then ultimately hung them out to dry.
Defining Quote: “I can’t think of a time when the Rev. Sharpton wasn’t under investigation.” — Al Sharpton’s lawyer, Michael Hardy, after a FBI and IRS investigation into Sharpton was launched.
6) Al Gore: Just when you thought nothing could make Al Gore more pompous after the tongue bathing he has gotten from liberals begging him to run for President, the Nobel Peace Prize committee, bizarrely, decided to give him an award for spreading alarmist propaganda about global warming.
Does it mean that no one is doing anything to promote peace these days or that Al Gore talked some people who had seen An Inconvenient Truth one too many times into holding the judges’ families hostage until they promised to vote him in? Either way, Al Gore’s still a jerk.
Defining Quote #1: “In order for (An Inconvenient Truth) to be shown, the (British) Government must first amend their Guidance Notes to Teachers to make clear that 1.) The Film is a political work and promotes only one side of the argument. 2.) If teachers present the Film without making this plain they may be in breach of section 406 of the Education Act 1996 and guilty of political indoctrination. 3.) Eleven inaccuracies have to be specifically drawn to the attention of school children.” — Newsbusters covers an Inconvenient Truth being officially declared to be full of lies by a British court
Defining Quote #2: “We are what is wrong, and we must make it right.” — Al Gore, accidentally hitting closer to the mark than he realized in his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech
5) Keith Olbermann: Last year’s winner of the Most Annoying Liberal of 2007 award, Keith Olbermann, has managed to make a good living out of looking serious on TV, pretending to be a real newscaster, and then spewing the same bilge as the netroots kooks who go home every night to their moms’ basements and watch Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11 3 or 4 times.
Moreover, Olbermann is insufferably arrogant as ever and as one of my commenters said, “Not only does he spread his untruths and bile on a nationally broadcast ‘news’ show, now he’s invaded the sacrosanct realm of Sunday football.”
Despite his popularity, Olbermann is only attached to reality by the most tenuous of threads as this defining quote shows you,
Defining Quote: “Al Qaeda really hurt us, but not as much as Rupert Murdoch has hurt us, particularly in the case of Fox News. Fox News is worse than Al Qaeda – worse for our society. It’s as dangerous as the Ku Klux Klan ever was.” — Keith Olbermann
4) Nancy Pelosi: San Fran Nan has been such a horrible Speaker of the House that she has led the Democratic Congress to the single, lowest approval rating in HISTORY. The first female Speaker has been so bad and so, dare I say it, annoying, that she’s like a living, breathing argument against electing Hillary Clinton as the first woman President.
Defining Picture: Beyond leading Democrats in Congress to their lowest approval rating in history, Nancy Pelosi’s other notable “achievement” was being used as a propaganda tool by chinless Syrian despot, Bashar Assad, who was probably scratching his head trying to figure out what the hell she thought she was accomplishing by puttering around in his country.
3) Harry Reid: Reid spent the year helping to drive down the approval ratings of Democrats in the Senate, doing everything he could to undermine the effort to win the war in Iraq, trying to line his pockets in corrupt real estate deals, and generally making even other Democrats cringe in embarrassment that they’re being led around by such a mopey jackass.
Reid is a sleazy, nasty-tempered liberal who puts petty political concerns in front of everything else, including the troops in Iraq, and he’s a walking, talking embodiment of what people like the least about the Democratic Party.
Defining Quote: “Now I believe, myself, that the secretary of state, the secretary of defense and you have to make your own decision as to what the president knows: that this war is lost, that the surge is not accomplishing anything.” — Harry Reid
2) Rosie O’Donnell: The employees at MSNBC should count their lucky stars because if they had actually ended up hiring Rosie and putting her on the air after Keith Olbermann, it would have undoubtedly created a black hole of liberal idiocy so powerful that it might have ruptured the very fabric of reality.
Over the course of last year, Rosie told a pitiful story about how the world’s most insincere man, Bill Clinton, made her cry hysterically by saying, “I’m sorry for all the men who ever hurt you, I’m sorry that I hurt you.” She wondered why anyone would want to enlist in the military. She called George Bush a war criminal at a fundraiser for the “For All Kids Foundation.” Then there was the time she implied that we had engineered the Iranian capture of British sailors as an excuse to go to war…I could go on, but let’s just call it an extensive laundry list of stupidity and leave it at that — with the exception of my favorite Rosie quote from last year,
Defining Quote: “I do believe that it’s the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel. I do believe that it defies physics that World Trade Center tower 7 – building 7, which collapsed in on itself – it is impossible for a building to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved. World Trade Center 7. World Trade [Center] 1 and 2 got hit by planes – 7, miraculously, the first time in history, steel was melted by fire. It is physically impossible.” — Rosie O’Donnell
1) Hillary Clinton: Blessedly, until last year, people had started to forget all the things they disliked about the Clintons, but having “The Glacier” in the public eye for an entire year brought it all back like some sort of acid flashback from hell. The arrogance. The bald faced lies. The sleazy attempts to destroy the political opponents of the Clintons (Obama, in this case). The grotesque, Clintonesque sense of entitlement to special treatment from the media.
Then there was her robotic, heavily scripted Goresque personality. You could almost imagine some scriptwriter telling her, “Ok, Hillary, at this point, give a warm chuckle, because that’s what we humans do after we say something like that.”
Moreover, her campaign was simply ridiculous. She spent most of the year claiming to have a wealth of experience because she was married to the guy making decisions for 8 years, which is an incredibly silly argument. If you don’t think so, then next time you’re going in to have surgery done, ask yourself if you’d allow the surgeon’s wife to cut you open because of all the “experience” she gained by being married to him for 8 years.
Then, after the polls indicated that “change” was beating “experience,” she started claiming to be the agent of change in the Democratic race, which was a hard sell with her husband and half his cabinet from the nineties floating around in her general vicinity, helping out with her campaign.
Whether or not Hillary will be the Democratic nominee in 2008 is still unknown, but if someone as annoying as the Wicked Witch of New York gets into office, it’s going to be a rough four years for the country.
Defining Video: Hillary’s infamous fake cackle.
Defining Quote: “I think the fact of the matter is that Sen. Clinton is claiming basically the entire eight years of the Clinton presidency as her own, except for the stuff that didn’t work out, in which case she says she has nothing to do with it. There is no doubt that Bill Clinton had faith in her and consulted with her on issues, in the same way that I would consult with Michelle, if there were issues. On the other hand, I don’t think Michelle would claim that she is the best qualified person to be a United States Senator by virtue of me talking to her on occasion about the work I’ve done.” — Barack Obama
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2006 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2005 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2004 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2003 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2002 Edition
After his 20-year old son overdosed on drugs, Mike Stollings decided to post a photo of his body at the funeral home on Facebook out of grief and guilt. The...Read More
Make sure to check out Conservative Grapevine today, where you’ll find links like: Scrappleface: The newest ‘edgy’ Turner marketing plan
U.S. Borders Still Porous As Sieves: I just read an article from World Net Daily about how abysmal our border
Over at the Daily Kos, DK diarist pinche tejano gets all hyped up to murder people in the insurance industry: