UN’s Green Blueprint for World Domination
Like Dr. Evil in an Austin Powers movie, the authoritarian bureauweenies infesting the United Nations have an actual plan for world domination. It rests on the thoroughly discredited global warming hoax.
Environmentalism should be regarded on the same level with religion “as the only compelling, value-based narrative available to humanity,” according to a paper written two years ago to influence the future strategy of the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP), the world’s would-be environmental watchdog.
The purpose of the paper, put together after an unpublicized day-long session in Switzerland by some of the world’s top environmental bureaucrats: to argue for a new and unprecedented effort to move environmental concerns to “the center of political and economic decision-making” around the world — and perhaps not coincidentally, expand the influence and reach of UNEP at the tables of world power, as a rule-maker and potential supervisor of the New Environmental Order.
The positions argued in that paper now appear to be much closer at hand; many of them are embedded in a four-year strategy document for UNEP taking effect next year, in the immediate wake of the much-touted, 11-day Copenhagen conference on “climate change,” which starts on Dec. 7 [Pearl Harbor Day, how appropriate], and which is intended to push environmental concerns to a new crescendo.
A few examples of what our wannabe supranational rulers have in mind:
• Absolute preeminence for environmental extremist ideology. “The current environmental challenges and opportunities will cause the environment to move from often being considered as a marginal issue at the intergovernmental and national levels to the centre of political and economic decision-making.”
• Hegemony for the sinister UNEP, which “will have to make itself relevant well beyond the world of those already concerned with the environment, including very prominently its own formal constituency.”
• An “Environmental Bretton Woods for the 21st Century” — i.e., an entire monetary system based on delusional ecomoonbattery. After all, “the linkages between environmental sustainability and the economy will emerge as a key focus for public policymaking and a determinant of future markets opportunities.”
• “Ambitious yet incremental adjustments” to envirofascist laws imposed by unelected international bureaucreeps.
• Brainwashing “children and youth” with antihuman envirokook propaganda.
• Transcending national sovereignty. UNEP plans to “pioneer a new style of work. This requires going beyond a narrow interpretation of UNEP’s stakeholders as comprising its member states — or even the world’s governments — and recruiting a far wider community of support…”
• Sucking in money as well as power. “Mobilizing sufficient finance to meet environmental challenges, including climate change, extends well beyond global mechanisms negotiated under conventions. It will require efforts at local, national and global levels to engage with Governments and the private sector to achieve the necessary additional investment and financial flows.”
• Using environmental extremism as a Trojan horse for socialism. “We believe the environmental argument should be recast in terms of its importance for and potential contribution to prosperity, stability and equity.” Equity means no matter how hard you work, you will live like a Third World peasant while bureaucrats plunder the wealth you create.
• Imposing a “Global Green New Deal” that will do to the world economy what FDR’s New Deal did for America when it unnecessarily extended the Great Depression for a decade.
To sum up, they want totalitarian socialism imposed at a global level in the name of the polar bears.
It isn’t easy to take the walking blobs of liberal suet that pass their kooky resolutions at Turtle Bay seriously. However, even if their hoax-based ideology is a joke, their designs on our liberty, our standard of living, and our national sovereignty are anything but. Our fifth-columnist president is firmly on their side, regardless of the catastrophic effects their plans would have on our economy.
As da Vinci said, it’s easier to resist at the beginning than at the end. Why not play it safe and bulldoze that rotten domino into the East River immediately?
On a tip from mega. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
The Bloomberg News editorial board is wondering how to reset the climate change debate, and offers up a pithy idea
In the past week, the Obama administration and fellow Democrats have let their true feelings for America known more than