Late Friday Doc Drop: Gitmo May Not Be Closed On Time
Y’all remember when President Neophyte made a big deal out of signing the order to close Guantanamo Bay jihadi detention center as his first act, right? Well, a very late night Friday story…..
The White House acknowledged for the first time Friday that it might not be able to close the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay by January as President Barack Obama has promised.
Senior administration officials told The Associated Press that difficulties in completing the lengthy review of detainee files and resolving thorny legal and logistical questions mean the president’s self-imposed January deadline may slip. Obama remains as committed to closing the facility as he was when, as one of his first acts in office, he pledged to shut it down, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity in order to more freely discuss the sensitive issue. They said the White House still was hoping to meet the deadline through a stepped-up effort.
Not mentioned is that Democrats keep blocking the funds needed to close the facility. I wonder what the DUmmies think (haven’t heard from them in awhile)
- They probably lost everyone’s luggage. n/t (imagine how PO’d they’d be if Bush had broken the promist)
- They are facing a lot of obstructionism from people trying to score cheap political points Please blame them. (in liberal world, it is always someone elses fault, at least when their guy is in charge)
- Yet another promise broken it’s becoming S.O.P. with the Obama admin.
- Yeah, it’s becoming quite apparent around here that it’s a whole lot easier to blame Obama then to actually educate themselves and see the bullshit he has to deal with to get something done.
- apologize for him all you want he took the job, and the buck stops with the office.
- Theres nothing to apologize for. You folks who hate the man sound just like the righties when saying “another campaign promise broken” when it’s pure bullshit.He’s going to close it, as promised. Because it didn’t happen day one doesn’t make it a broken promise to anyone other then those who aren’t ever going to be satisfied with anything he does. (no, his promise was to close it by the end of January 2010. Not happening)
- I was concerned when he set a date certain; that’s NEVER a good idea in such matters. (yet, the DU and the rest of the barking moonbats cheered loudly when Barry signed the executive order)
- But this I see as a failure of Obama’s leadership or judgment. When he made the call to close Gitmo perhaps he should have checked the reaction of those Congress and Senate Dems who played “not in my backyard” with the issue, since he was basically shut out by his own allies. (when you put a guy who has never run so much as a …… well, you know where I am going)
- It’s the thought that counts. (results mean nothing in Liberal World)
- How Can This Be? Mr. Obama promises one thing, and does another. It’s, it’s, almost like a pattern? Let’s all argue “shut up” to the poster? (surely, this must be a troll, right?)
- There is a big shocker. I’m betting it’s not closed by January 2011. (I’m betting you’re right, since Obama has probably been briefed about the danger of the jihadis held there)
- That was campaign talk, doesn’t mean nothing. n/t (so, Obama was simply a serial liar? Anyhow, he did sign the order)
I guess Obama was just promising ice cream during the campaign.
Nice Deb points out that The One just got done patting himself on the back at the United Nations for ordering the close of Gitmo, and
Yea! He congratulates himself for having a plan! One that he’s having a tough time implementing, yet: he offers that dubious “achievement” among other dubious achievements as evidence that the “character and cause of the nation” has improved since the dark days of Bush….
And it’s your fault for not being a little more chill about terrorists moving in next door and keeping a messy lawn and leaving toys all over and that great big dog that barks all night. All that stuff annoying terrorist neighbors do.
Your bad, dudes. D**ks
Crossed at Pirate’s Cove