Next Punitive Tax: Meat
The power to tax is the power to destroy. Since the liberal kooks who run the government favor vegetarianism, that will mean the destruction of anyone who eats a normal human diet, if it’s up to prominent moonbat “ethicist” Peter Singer, who claims that “the reasons for a tax on beef and other meats are stronger than those for discouraging consumption of cigarettes, transfats or sugary drinks.” This is because:
1. Despite the fact that our teeth are clearly designed for eating meat, meat is supposedly bad for us.
2. Farming is bad because it’s cruel to animals. Let the chickens fly free!
3. Farm animals have to eat, and feeding them is a waste of food.
4. Fertilizer from crops fed to farm animals causes pollution.
…and finally, the topper:
5. Eating meat makes it be too hot out because animal farts cause global warming.
Singer’s solution: “a 50% tax on the retail value of all meat.”
Despite the impression his pronouncements will leave on any sane person, Peter Singer is not a hobo with congealed vomit in his hair, but a distinguished Professor of Bioethics at Princeton and a leading light of the liberal intelligentsia. How he missed becoming Obamao’s Diet Czar is anyone’s guess.
On a tip from Puffdaddy. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
In yet another example of how our society discriminates against men, a Texas man is being forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars in child support. And while that...Read More
Obama made a huge mistake thinking that everyone in America hates their own country just like Reverend Wright, the killer
Truth In Accounting had an incredibly important 50 state study that needs to be broadcast far and wide. It shows
James P. Hoffa is now saying that if Obama pulls the “public option” out of his healthcare bill, it is