by John Hawkins | October 4, 2011 4:00 am
* Once you start catering to people’s pathologies, it seldom ends well or at a reasonable point.
* Tolerance, diversity, and “not being mean” are part of a pseudo-morality. Real morality is difficult & requires firm lines.
* God > Family/Friends > other Americans > America’s allies > Everyone else > Animals
* Women complaining that men are hard to understand is like Chess saying that Tic-Tac-Toe is way too complicated.
* One ounce of good will from the person you’re talking to is worth more in any kind of relationship than a pound of good intentions from you.
* You are where you are. You might as well stop regretting how you got there, accept it, and focus on how you move forward.
* If you can take control of your thoughts, you can take control of your life.
* There is no free lunch. Everything comes at a cost. The question is whether the juice is worth the squeeze.
* People who talk incessantly about tolerance are some the least tolerant people you’ll ever run across when someone disagrees with them.
* Piece of advice: Don’t ever tell a guy that something about him reminds you of another guy who you’ve consistently said is an ass. #badform
* Dramatically limiting the power of the EPA to halt & slow down business projects would do more for the economy than Obama’s new stimulus
* I wonder if Western civilization as a whole is starting to run up against the Peter Principle.
* Yeah, keep cheering for taxes on the rich. They’re almost tapped out and then they’ll move on to where the real money is, the middle class
* From what I’ve seen, most people touted as “political insiders” have pretty unimpressive political judgment.
* I decline to be outraged by the supposedly super-outragey, outrage generating story of the day.
* Corporations aren’t the problem. Rich people aren’t the problem. Capitalism isn’t the problem. The government is the problem.
* Perhaps the greatest tragedy of communism is that so many people have learned nothing from its bloody failure.
* I don’t ever see any colleges ever worried Republicans might feel “uncomfortable” or that liberals might be divisive
* Helping the poor learn how to better themselves is considerably more admirable than just giving them things.
* I favor firing as many gov’t workers as possible, for any reason if they’re not military, intelligence, or border patrol.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/10-random-140-character-thoughts/my-20-favorite-tweets-for-september/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.