by John Hawkins | November 15, 2010 6:02 am
* The Swift Boat Vets told the truth, the Willie Horton ad wasn’t racist, and Max Cleland’s patriotism wasn’t challenged in his Senate race.
* You can’t have good without naming evil, rights without responsibilities, or decency without limits on behavior.
* The GOP has completely rejected the advice of Frum, Brooks, Meggie Mac, etc. & it’s thriving. #notacoincidence
* Having a good heart can get you in trouble when you’re dealing w/ unstable people. Help if you like, but protect yourself
* The corollary of that old “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” saying is often, “The enemy of my enemy may very well be my enemy, too.”
* How a man knows he’s getting old: You look at a hot woman fresh out of college and think, “She’s too young for me.”
* It takes years, even decades sometimes, to find out if the things you want to do in life are really worth it.
* Happiness has to be an attitude rather than a goal or destination because life is not designed to make you happy.
* I find it oddly comforting that even great & righteous men like David and Solomon sinned & fell short sometimes.
* If everyone around you seems like a snake, maybe it’s time to ask if you’re the one who’s really the snake.
* Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
* At a certain point, it makes sense to stop trying to be the exception to the rule and just adhere to the [email protected] rule.
* “I’m averaging 700 uniques per day for the month of June..I was averaging around 300 uniques per day two months ago.” — RWN post, June 2002
* I hate to break it to people, but if you are born a man, surgery can only make you into a deformed man, not a woman.
* If you’ve wondered how far an incompetent can rise w/out doing much damage, Obama seems to suggest the answer is Senator
* The goal of Republicans in Congress shouldn’t be to get gov’t to work, it should be to get gov’t off of our backs
* Since all laws are based on morality, the only real question is whose morality is it going to be?
* If the PC police wouldn’t be outraged by the things you say from the pulpit, you’re not doing your job as a pastor
* The same people who denigrate Christianity at every opportunity often turn around & bemoan the lack of decency in society
* Ever notice that people who play the “What would Jesus do” card usually hate Christians & don’t get the Bible?
* There’s NOTHING in the Constitution that prevents prayer in schools, Christmas plays, or the 10 Commandments in courts.
* The whole you “paid their debt to society” by going to jail thing is bogus. Jail is punishment. It doesn’t pay anything.
* You’re better off waiting for Santa to give you a good life than the gov’t. You may at least figure out Santa ain’t coming & get it yourself
* The stronger the government gets, the weaker, sicker, & more degenerate the population of a country becomes.
* All cultures aren’t equal, all religions aren’t equal, & all people don’t deserve equal results.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/10-random-140-character-thoughts/my-fave-25-140-character-thoughts-for-october/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.