by Dave Blount | July 7, 2014 12:42 pm
Obama may be publicly acknowledged as our worst modern president, but in terms of advancing the statist agenda, he is the most effective, topping LBJ and even FDR. Unless his mischief is quickly reversed, he will go down in history as the one who shoved America across the tipping point and into permanent decline:
Obamacare has pushed us over the entitlements tipping point. In 2011 some 49.2 percent of U.S. households received benefits from one or more government programs–about 151 million out of an estimated 306.8 million Americans–according to U.S. Census Bureau data released last October.
Currently, around 6 million to 7 million Americans who have signed up for Obamacare are receiving taxpayer-provided subsidies (though the administration’s numbers cannot be trusted, it’s all we have to work with). There are another 3 million who have signed up for Medicaid.
That means some 10 million Americans–or a total of about 161 million–are now getting government subsidies (though the final number might be somewhat lower since some may have been receiving benefits already).
Thus, perhaps 52 percent of U.S. households–more than half–now receive benefits from the government, thanks to President Obama. And Mr. Entitlement is just getting started. If Obamacare is not repealed millions more will join the swelling rolls of those dependent on government handouts.
Once the 50% Rubicon has been crossed, ever more climbing aboard the gravy train becomes inevitable.
Democracy is not an end in itself; it is a political device intended as a brake on tyranny. But if a majority live at the expense a minority, democracy advances tyranny rather than defending against it. When 49% work so that the other 51% may eat, the system has degenerated into a form of slavery. Anyone who would rather be a master than a slave has a powerful motivation to join the majority who vote for a living rather than work for a living.
As the minority who are pulling the cart dwindles, the demands on them by the growing majority riding inside the cart will become ever more unreasonable, until at last the entire corrupt system breaks down.
Given the success liberals have had at eroding our morals, our work ethic, and our pride, it shouldn’t take long for this to happen, even without the massive importation of government dependents from the Third World.
On a tip from JusttheTipHQ. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/barack-obama/across-the-welfare-state-rubicon/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.