by Dave Blount | October 1, 2013 9:11 am
Never mind what he calls himself or even what he considers himself. It only matters whose side he is on in a struggle that has been going on for centuries. Michael Snyder makes that clear by collecting Obama quotes on the topics of Christianity and Islam. A few examples:
• “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam.”
• “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer.”
• “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world – including in my own country.”
• “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”
• “We’ve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants — farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.”
To summarize, his praise of Islam is so over the top as to be delusional. Now let him tell us how he feels about Christianity:
• “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation.”
• “Which passages of scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith?”
• Obama’s response when asked what his definition of sin is: “Being out of alignment with my values [i.e., ideology].”
• “Those opposed to abortion cannot simply invoke God’s will—they have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths.”
• “You got into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
When it comes to Christianity, his policies are even more hostile than his rhetoric, whereas he has twisted US foreign policy into pretzels to support extreme Islamists, most prominently in Egypt and Syria.
Politics always comes down to who is on which side.
On a tip from G. Fox. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/barack-obama/christian-or-muslim/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.