by Dave Blount | August 27, 2013 3:39 pm
The Obama Regime is counting on us to have short memories regarding Benghazi. Why else would they pull this:
An independent commission established last year by [Shrillary] Clinton, known as the Administrative Review Board, said no high-level officials in the administration should be reprimanded or fired for failing to anticipate or respond to the Sept. 11 attack.
The ARB did, however, recommend placing on administration leave four midlevel State Department employees who it judged “inadequately” responded to calls from U.S. staff on the ground in Libya for beefed-up security. A series of attacks in the Libyan city preceded the assault on the American mission.
Now we learn that not even these lowly scapegoats will get their wrists slapped.
Mr. Kerry, who took office in February, reviewed the ARB’s report and the status of the four employees, U.S. officials said. While he concurred with the report’s overall findings, the secretary of state concluded that none of the four State Department staff “breached their duties” and should be fired, department spokeswoman Marie Harf said.
She said the officials had been reinstated on Tuesday and would be reassigned to jobs less focused on security issues.
The four employees included a former deputy assistant secretary of state in the State Department’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs. The three others worked in the Diplomatic Security office.
The staff had maintained salaries and benefits since going on administration leave eight months ago.
Fumes Rep Darrell Issa (R-CA):
“Instead of accountability, the State Department offered a charade that … now ends in a game of musical chairs where no one misses a single day on the State Department payroll.”
Bungling, irresponsible, and/or treasonous bureauweenies at the State Department and in the White House aren’t the only ones to get off free as larks. There are also the blood-soaked terrorists themselves:
Two weeks after the Obama administration announced charges against suspects in the Benghazi attack, a large portion of the U.S. team that hunted the suspects and trained Libyans to help capture or kill them is leaving Libya permanently.
Special operators in the region tell Fox News that while Benghazi targets have been identified for months, officials in Washington could “never pull the trigger.” In fact, one source insists that much of the information on Benghazi suspects had been passed along to the White House after being vetted by the Department of Defense and the State Department — and at least one recommendation for direct action on a Benghazi suspect was given to President Obama as recently as Aug. 7. …
The latest development raises questions about when the attackers will be brought to justice in the murder of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans last September.
I can answer that: never, because Obama obviously doesn’t want them brought to justice, for reasons that may forever be shrouded in “transparency.”
Fox News has been told by multiple sources that one special forces leader “literally yelled” at former Libyan Chief of Mission William Roebuck “and told him, ‘so you’re willing to let these guys get away with murder?'”
The outburst was “met with crickets,” the sources said.
Asked about what actions have been taken on the suspects, the U.S. Department of Justice declined to comment.
The Pentagon says other forces are tasked with the mission of finding the terrorists responsible for killing four Americans while Obama infamously refused to intervene. But under Obama, the Pentagon is run by an inept peacenik, so its credibility is not high.
Fox News reported earlier this year that American forces had identified suspects by the end of November 2012, and reported on their whereabouts to Roebuck last January, yet no action was taken. They returned again in January to identify and locate these same suspects after being requested to do so by military leaders. In the months since, the operators in the region have been sitting in de facto standby, despite the Justice Department charges being filed.
Expect Obama to order action right around the time O.J. finds Nicole’s true killer.
There are two Americas, all right: one that can tolerate being ruled by these people, and another that still deserves to call itself America. The latter demands answers on Benghazi — and justice.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/barack-obama/obama-regime-leaves-benghazi-behind/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.