by Cassy Fiano | May 25, 2017 11:32 am
Ariana Grande was in the middle of a world tour, with a stop in Manchester in the United Kingdom, when the unthinkable happened. Her concert was targeted by Islamic terrorists, killing 22 people and injuring dozens more. Immediately afterwards, Grande cancelled the rest of her tour and headed back to the United States. But she hasn’t forgotten Manchester and has announced that she wants to help.
Grande has officially offered to pay for the funerals of all 22 victims, according to “Ariana Updates.” The site released a statement saying, “Ariana has reached out to the families who’s loved ones died last night… she is gonna pay for the funerals!”
However, representatives for the pop singer have not confirmed the claim. “Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost,” a representative said when asked about the supposed offer to pay for the funerals. “We ask at this time that we all continue to support the city of Manchester and all those families affected by this cowardice and senseless act of violence. Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together.”
After the bombing, Grande responded with an emotional tweet:
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 23, 2017
Authorities have determined that the bomber was 22 year-old Salman Abedi, using a homemade bomb that he filled with nuts and bolts. The victims have begun to be named, with the youngest so far being eight year-old Saffie Roussos.
Grande’s drummer also responded to the attack, posting on Instagram what they experienced when the bombing took place.
???? @mic.moody We finished the show and were walking back to our dressing rooms and BOOM!!!! We could hear people panicking…We had no idea what was happening…There was all kinds of speculation as to what was going on…Like 5 minutes after getting to the room, security came in and informed us that we had to evacuate the building immediately…It was then that we realized that this was serious…Initially we thought that the sound was all kinds of things but it didn't hit that this was a bomb until we were evacuated and they told us exactly what was going on…It's so heartbreaking because so many little ones attend our shows…I just keep thinking about them…I'm extremely thankful that no one on the touring crew was physically hurt but this painful memory and the weight associated with the lives lost will live with us all forever…I'm still just in disbelief….It's so surreal…#prayformanchester #positvevibesonly #wearestrongertogether #thankyouallforthelove
Please continue to keep the victims of the Manchester bombing in your thoughts and prayers.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/celebrities/ariana-grande-makes-big-announcement-just-days-bombing-wants-help/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.