by John Hawkins | August 30, 2020 12:48 am
If you judged Donald Trump by nothing other than his first-term accomplishments, he would deserve to win in a 50-state landslide. He accomplished an awful lot in his first term:
1) The Pre-Corona Economy: Corona would have smashed the economy no matter who was in charge. Before that? It was doing fantastic. More than four million jobs were created. Manufacturing grew at the fastest rate in three decades. Unemployment claims hit a 49-year low. Black unemployment reached the lowest level ever. Welfare participation reached a 17-year low. Median household income reached the highest level ever. When we’re rebuilding the economy after Corona calms down, who do you want in charge? The guy who did that or the guy that was VP during the mediocre recovery from the housing crash?
2) Judges: Trump put two excellent judges on the Supreme Court and has over 200 judicial appointments.
3) Trump Signs the VA Accountability Act: A lot of Presidents talk about getting better health care for our veterans. Trump actually signed a bill that has made a positive difference for our Vets.
4) Decimated ISIS: Remember the “JV team” that Obama allowed to take over a big part of Iraq? The US has taken 98% of its territory and killed its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi under Trump’s leadership.
5) Pulling Out of the Iran Deal: Obama’s deal with Iran essentially gave them the green light to develop nuclear weapons. Trump pulled out of the deal and has been working with our European allies to impose sanctions that will stop Iran from developing nukes.
6) Trump was the First President to Meet Kim Jong-un in North Korea: Trump was not able to get Kim Jong-un to give up nuclear weapons in his first term, but no US President has ever done more or gone father to make it happen.
7) Recognizing Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel: Presidents have been talking about doing this since Clinton was in office. Trump did it.
8) Pulled Out of the Paris Climate Accord: By some estimates, the Paris Climate Accord would have cost us 2.7 million jobs and blocked the development of clean coal. Getting out of it was the smart play.
9) Deregulation: Trump has done more to cut regulations than any President since Ronald Reagan.
10) The Space Force: Trump created the 6th branch of the U.S. Armed Services, the Space Force. Creating a branch of the service dedicated to warfare in outer space should have been done decades ago and it’s good to see Trump finally getting it going. Like Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative, it will pay big dividends over the long haul.
11) Replacing NAFTA: American workers have suffered because of bad trade deals for years. Trump has worked tirelessly to improve those deals and his biggest success on that front has been replacing NAFTA with a new trade deal that has terms more favorable to the United States.
12) Food Stamp Work Requirements: Trump tightened work requirements on food stamps. As Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue said, the SNAP program, “was never intended to be a way of life.”
13) Denying Grant Money to Sanctuary Cities: Any city that is going to aid illegal aliens in breaking the law should be punished. Cutting off federal funds to those cities is long overdue.
14) Reducing Refugees and Temporary Workers: In a time when so many Americans are out of work because of the Coronavirus and lockdowns, Trump has dramatically reduced the numbers of refugees and temporary workers to help more Americans get back to work.
15) Ending Catch and Release: This was a HUGE improvement on the illegal immigration front. Instead of catching illegals, allowing them to go free, and then never show up for their court dates, Trump has been locking them up. This is how it always should have been.
16) Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” Program: Stopping mostly fake asylum seekers in Mexico instead of the US was a stroke of genius.
17) Building a Wall: Trump promised to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. That hasn’t been possible without the cooperation of Congress, but he has built 100 miles of wall and has secured funding for 445 miles of the 722 border wall miles needed on the southern border.
18) America has Become the World’s Largest Oil-Producer: Under Donald Trump’s leadership, the United States has become the largest oil-producing nation on earth. The benefit to our economy and national security is immeasurable.
19) Cut Taxes: Trump’s tax cut for individuals and corporations is a big part of why the economy has been so strong.
20) Got Rid of the Obamacare Individual Mandate: Trump was not able to get rid of Obamacare per se, but by getting rid of the penalty for people that don’t use approved plans, he ensured that Obamacare couldn’t survive long-term.
This was originally posted at The Dan Bongino Show.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/column-2/20-reasons-to-re-elect-donald-trump/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.