by John Hawkins | August 31, 2019 7:20 pm
America is turning into such an intolerant, victim-centered, outrage-based, politically correct, that joke isn’t funny, how dare you hold an opposite opinion-centered culture, that a lot of people are afraid to tell you the truth anymore. It’s easier for people to sometimes just keep their heads down and hope that the outrage mob will pick another victim. But, unfortunately, when people become afraid to speak the truth, common sense can die in the darkness because everyone is caught up in saying what we’re “supposed to” believe instead. An America that encourages free speech, discourages censorship and believes in a free exchange of ideas will ALWAYS be superior to the ugly, backward “safe space” of a culture that so many people are trying to create today.
1) All lives matter.
2) People wearing MAGA hats are risking far more to advance free speech and tolerance than most college professors do today.
3) Racism still exists, but it isn’t a serious impediment to anyone’s success in America like it used to be several decades ago.
4) Women make less money than men because they prefer less stressful work and take much more time off to raise kids.
5) You can’t be a good American if you don’t speak English.
6) The false accusations, the demonization of men, and the poisoning of relations between the sexes encouraged by the #MeToo movement have done more harm than the good done by the relatively tiny number of sexual abusers that were exposed because of it.
7) Even Nazis shouldn’t be censored or punched for their beliefs.
8) Allowing gay scoutmasters to take teen scouts into the woods will obviously lead to more sexual abuse of scouts.
9) Any attempt for the government to confiscate all firearms would signal an end to our Republic and should be resisted at all costs, including violently if necessary.
10) If we are going to force the police to deal with the most mentally ill, dangerous, and violent people in our country on a daily basis, some people are going to deservedly be killed and there are also going to be some mistakes made. That is unavoidable and the people pretending otherwise are being unrealistic.
Read the rest at Bizpac Review.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/column-2/25-common-sense-truths-that-youre-no-longer-supposed-to-say/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.