No One Has Ever Become Poor By Giving Charity
by Ronn Torossian | August 17, 2012 12:01 am
It’s a special world where a lot of people give charity.: Some interesting good people and their impetus for giving.
- Elie Hirschfeld: “My personal history of giving began when I was a student at Brown University. In my sophomore year, I became President of Brown’s Hillel chapter and was inspired by that organization’s commitment to enriching the Jewish people and repairing the world. I went on to become President of my class at Brown, a position I continue to hold almost forty years later. These experiences cemented my belief that giving back to my community and to humanity at large provides personal as well as societal enrichment. I have gone on to support numerous educational institutions, hospitals, Jewish organizations, and other excellent non-profit groups.”
- Jay Sekulow:: “With all of the challenges facing America, we are truly blessed – a nation built on faith and family. And nearly all Americans remain grateful, with a new poll finding that 96% are thankful. It is important that we remember the blessings that God has bestowed upon us – life, liberty, religious freedom, and so many more. Our rights must never be taken for granted – they must be protected.”
- Irving Moskowitz: &: Cherna Moskowitz: give constantly —: Their most recent gift is to: Su Casa. “Together they will be able to secure a better future for those currently in the program and hopefully one day rid the need for such programs to exist. In the United States a woman is abused every nine seconds and with the help of the Irving I. Moskowitz Foundation that statistic will be reduced. Cherna Moskowitz feels very strongly in ending the suffering of women and children who are abused everyday.”“If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?” Rabbi Hillel
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anne Frank
“The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service” Henry Wadsworth
“Being good is commendable, but only when it is combined with doing good is it useful.”
“He who wished to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.” Confucius
It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”: Mother Teresa
Ronn D. Torossian founded a public relations agency. He: is the CEO of 5WPR, a leading PR firm and Author of “For Immediate Release”, a leading PR book.
- Elie Hirschfeld: http://15minutesmagazine.com/archives/issue_98/pow_1007-01.htm
- Jay Sekulow: http://www.amazon.com/Jay-Sekulow/e/B001HN11V6
- Irving Moskowitz: http://www.jewocity.com/blog/the-truth-about-irving-moskowitz-who-is-dr-irving-moskowitz/3669
- Cherna Moskowitz: https://rightwingnews.com/column-2/100k-zionist-prize-from-irving-moskowitz-cherna-moskowitz/
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/column-2/no-one-has-ever-become-poor-by-giving-charity/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.