by John Hawkins | March 22, 2021 11:57 pm
One of the biggest mistakes we conservatives often make is treating politics like it’s the starting point for solving America’s problems, when most of the time, it’s the endpoint. In other words, by the time a problem gets to D.C., the way the public and government views the issue is often framed in a way that’s highly beneficial to liberals. Pollsters like Frank Luntz might point out how the words used predispose people to certain outcomes (Is it a fence or a wall? Are you killing a baby or pro-choice? Is it an inheritance tax or a death tax?), but the words used are just the tip of the spear. The real issue is that numerous interlocking factors have tilted the playing field toward the Left in a way that gives them a permanent advantage. Let’s discuss the 7 aces in the hole that give liberals a huge advantage in politics.
1) Demographics: The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 radically increased the number of immigrants allowed to come to the United States and vastly increased immigration from poorer countries where new immigrants would be more susceptible to the Democrat Party’s platform of “free everything.” Democrat President LBJ signed the bill, and it sure wasn’t because he thought it would help Republicans – and he was right. States like California, which was famously governed by Ronald Reagan in the seventies, are now solidly blue solely because of enormous demographic changes.
2) Schools: Other than their parents, teachers may have more influence on kids than anyone else and propaganda-spewing liberals dominate the profession from Kindergarten all the way through college. Our school system spends 15 years smearing America, ignoring history, skipping economics, and pushing everything from gay marriage to transsexualism on kids, then we send them to college where the communists, feminists, and professors that tell them that they need safe spaces have their way with them, and we expect what when they graduate? Good luck explaining the importance of patriotism to kids who don’t know history or explaining why socialism is bad to twenty-year-olds that don’t understand basic economics. It’s that classic C.S. Lewis quote come to life, “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.”
3) Culture: There was a time when Hollywood regularly made patriotic war movies, even married couples weren’t allowed to sleep in the same bed on TV, and Wake Up Little Susie was considered so offensive it was banned by radio stations in 1958, presumably because it talked about a man and his girlfriend falling asleep in the same bed.
Today, our once Christian culture is a flaming garbage dump that incessantly promotes sex, drugs, violence, immorality, and bad behavior to the population while continuously reminding them that Christians, conservatives, and Republicans are terrible people that deserve to be destroyed for their views. There was a time when the rest of the world would have benefitted from adopting our culture. That time has long since passed.
4) Decline in marriage: Married people, particularly married white women, are statistically more conservative than their single counterparts. For example, according to exit polls, married voters went for Trump over Biden 54-44%. While 55% of married women went for Trump, only 37% of single women did. Married people are more responsible, more religious, and care more about keeping the country together. On the other hand, single women, in particular, are more likely to care about things like getting welfare and the availability of abortion. In 1960, 72% of the population over 18 was married. In 2019, that number was 48%. Start thinking about how that affects what happens at election time.
5) Corporations: Most corporations aren’t liberal per se, but they can read the cultural landscape and they’re interested in maximizing profits. So, look at it from their point of view. They mostly want to appeal to younger customers because those are the people that may use their product for a lifetime. That group skews liberal. They want to be viewed as cool in the eyes of the culture. The culture is liberal. They want to appeal to growing demographic groups. Those also skew liberal. Meanwhile, liberals are intolerant, will boycott at the drop of a hat, and greatly care about using products that make them look good to their friends. At the same time, boycotts are out of favor with conservatives, conservatives will regularly buy products from corporations that insult them, and will also maniacally defend the free market and tax cuts, even when it directly benefits corporations that are kicking us in the behind. Conservatives are the world’s cheapest dates for corporations that they have a good time with before they look to marry younger, more liberal consumers. Until our behavior changes, corporations won’t change.
6) Media: The mainstream media has always been liberal, but it used to be center-left and actually cared about appearing fair and accurate. The Internet changed all of that. Suddenly, revenue dropped, Republican customers moved to more conservative outlets, and they were competing with ultra-left-wing blogs and websites for readers. The New York Times, MSNBC, CNN, WAPO, etc. are now ideologically indistinguishable from the Nation, the Huffington Post, and the Daily Kos because that’s what makes them the most money. Unfortunately, although there are conservative competitors, the enormous head start that liberal mainstream media outlets have has allowed them to hold a much larger audience share than they’d have if everyone started from scratch.
7) Social Media Monopolies: Social media companies have always been liberal, but while they were still competing for audience share, they at least tried to give the appearance of being neutral and pro-free speech. Once companies like Facebook and Google became dominant monopolies, the mask came off and these companies could take blatantly political stances. When a big chunk of your audience hates your guts, but still feels like they have to use your service because there is no real competitor, there are low penalties for censorship or promoting your political views and these companies are taking full advantage of it.
John Hawkins is the author of 101 Things All Young Adults Should Know and you can follow him on Parler here. This originally appeared on Bongino.com.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/column-2/the-7-aces-in-the-hole-that-give-liberals-the-advantage-over-conservatives/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.