White House Inundated With Secession Petitions
by William Teach | November 12, 2012 8:00 am
If you’ll remember, Team Obama created a website, using White House resources and it’s URL, as a “new way to petition the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country.” They “created We the People because we want to hear from you. If a petition gets enough support, White House staff will review it, ensure it’s sent to the appropriate policy experts, and issue an official response.” In actuality, it seems to be more of a way to to scrape email addresses and names to soft pedal how super duper great Team Obama is and send subtly veiled campaign messages. There have been some interesting ones, quite a few having to do with far left issues, such as making marijuana legal (these crop up a lot, then disappear down the memory hole), and, oh, here’s a fun one
outlaw offending prophets of major religions
The petition mentions Jesus, Moses, and Mohammed, but, we all know it’s about protecting Islam.
So, are there other fun petitions? Why, yes there are, thank you for asking!
(Daily Caller) How would Old Glory look with 30 stars instead of 50? As far-fetched as it may sound, the White House might soon be forced by its own rules to examine the question.
On Nov.7, the day after President Barack Obama was re-elected, the White House’s website received a petition asking the administration to allow Louisiana to secede.
If 25,000 people sign the petition by Dec. 7, it will “require a response” from the Obama administration, according to published rules of the White House’s online “We the People” program.
“Michael E” from the New Orleans suburb of Slidell penned the initial proposal – the website doesn’t provide last names – in which he asked the Obama administration to “[p]eacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.”
His entire petition consisted of excerpts from the Declaration of Independence.
Micah H from Texas also created a petition for Texas to secede. Oh, and
…states with secession-related petitions pending on the White House website now include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Three states — Georgia, Missouri and South Carolina are each represented by two competing petitions.
Most of the petitions simply copy much of Louisiana’s petition. It will be interesting to see if any get the required 25K signatures which would lead to an administration response, which would be interesting, as well. Most previous responses tend to say “look at what we’ve proposed, we told Someone Else to handle it, then ran off to campaign, vacation, and play golf.”
* waiting for the calls of “this is racism” in 3…2…1….
Crossed at Pirate’s Cove. Follow me on Twitter @WilliamTeach.
- to be more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/01/obama%e2%80%99s-we-the-people-initiative-bashed-as-unethical-campaigning-with-taxpayer-resources/
- outlaw offending prophets of major religions: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/outlaw-offending-prophets-major-religions/94kL1tsN
- Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/11/white-house-website-deluged-with-secession-petitions-from-19-states/
- received a petition: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-louisiana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/1wrvtngl
- Texas to secede: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-texas-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B
- Alabama: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-alabama-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/2TvhJSSC
- Arkansas: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-arkansas-withdraw-united-states-and-create-its-own-new-government/k6LhPsBX
- Colorado: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-colorado-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/lWDshfl3
- Florida: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-florida-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/D87Rv7yJ
- Georgia: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-georgia-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/pgJ9JLY3
- Indiana: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-indiana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/51jYVZ5L
- Kentucky: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-kentucky-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/RskKYzB6
- Michigan: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-michigan-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/022SsMWp
- Mississippi: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-mississippi-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-governmen/9M9rdL8n
- Missouri: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-missouri-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/JMknspGz
- Montana: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-montana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/l76dWhwN
- New Jersey: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-new-jersey-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/RYvjgdDT
- New York: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-new-york-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/RSBkpCf9
- North Carolina: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-north-carolina-withdraw-united-states-and-create-its-own-new-government/rx1KDYTs
- North Dakota: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-north-dakota-withdraw-usa-and-create-its-own-new-government/lqPGbvVl
- Oregon: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-oregon-vote-and-leave-union-peacefully-and-remain-ally-nation/X3kWX8kF
- South Carolina: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/state-south-carolina-secede-union-and-form-its-own-government-sovereign-state/LFzSJVkP
- Tennessee: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-tennessee-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/7xsNwkJ8
- Georgia: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-georgia-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/zXYY751D
- Missouri: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-missouri-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/Vd92R3YG
- South Carolina: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-sc-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/KL6qrls8
- Pirate’s Cove: http://www.thepiratescove.us/
- @WilliamTeach: http://twitter.com/WilliamTeach
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/constitution/white-house-inundated-with-secession-petitions/