by William Teach | November 19, 2016 7:21 am
The outcome of the general election has brought all all the typical Liberal silliness. The immediate trending of @HesNotMyPresident even before most people were awake to know the results. Petitions to get the Electoral College to throw their votes to Hillary. Doxing members of the EC. Calls to abolish the EC. Demonstrations with typical liberal violence in the streets. And now this cute one by uber-leftists Ron Rivest and Philip Stark
Still time for an election audit: Column
A Washington Post–ABC News poll found that 18% of voters — 33% of Clinton supporters and 1% of Trump supporters — think Trump was not the legitimate winner of the election. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., has called on Congress to investigate the Russian cyberattack on theDemocratic National Committee and the election.
There are reasons for concern. According to the director of national intelligence, the leaked emails from the DNC were “intended to interfere with the U.S. election process.” The director of national intelligence, theDepartment of Homeland Security, and the National Security Agency concluded that the Russian government is behind the DNC email hack and that Russian hackersattacked U.S. voter registration databases.
We know that the national results could be tipped by manipulating the vote count in arelatively small number of jurisdictions — a few dozen spread across a few key states. We know that the vast majority of local elections officials have limited resources to detect or defend against cyberattacks. And while pre-election polls have large uncertainties, they were consistently off. And various aspects of the preliminary results, such as a high rate of undervotes for president, have aroused suspicion.
So, what does this all mean? Well, obviously, in Liberal World, the election was wrong, so
Did human error, computer glitches, hacking, or other problems change the outcome? While there is, as yet, no compelling evidence, the news about hacking and deliberate interference makes it worth finding out.
About 25% of voters used machines that do not generate a paper trail. Any hacking, glitches or other errors that affected their votes could be undetectable. But the other 75% of the vote, including the key states of Michigan and Wisconsin, could be double-checked in various ways.
A full manual recount of the paper records would be definitive, but that’s unnecessarily difficult, expensive and time-consuming if the results are actually right.
Got that? There is zero evidence that anything hinky happened (actually, there’s lots of evidence that there was lots of fraud in favor of Hillary’s vote count), but, hey, those mean Russians! But, hey, we’re going to check all the ballots, right? Um, no
First it would check the results in the states Trump won. If auditing confirms those results, there’s no need to audit in the states Clinton carried: Trump really won.
Typical liberal insanity. Rivest doesn’t do much on Twitter, but Stark has been pimping the need for a recount and the petition for over a week. Just call them Election Truthers.
But, hey, you know what these supposed issues make me think? That it would be great if there was some sort of method to verify who the people casting votes are. If only there was some sort of card or something that people could show to poll workers that says “look, I’m me!”
And, I’m looking forward to years of this type of Barking Moonbat Syndrome.
Crossed at Pirate’s Cove. Follow me on Twitter @WilliamTeach.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/craaaaazy/usa-today-allows-election-2016-truthers-demand-election-audit/
Copyright ©2022 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.