by Margaret M. | December 18, 2017 11:47 am
A former contributor to Fox News has been granted a $2.5 million settlement in a sexual assault case and she is breaking her confidentiality agreement to speak with CNN to describe how she really feels about Fox’s Chairman Rupert Murdoch.
The former face on Fox News, Tamara Holder, said that she had agreed to be quiet, but only if she wasn’t “disparaged or maligned,” but since Murdoch recently commented on and dismissed the case on Sky News, she felt it was reasonable to speak up:
“I want to be very clear here. I would not have been able to be sitting here to say what I’m about to say if it wasn’t for Mr. Murdoch and what he said, because my settlement in exchange for money, I had to agree to be quiet, except if I was disparaged or maligned.”
Murdoch had called the allegations “all nonsense” and appeared to want to shift the blame to Roger Ailes and to the fact that he runs a conservative network. Holder, a lawyer herself, accused an executive Francisco Cortes of sexual assault and was granted her settlement in March of this year. Holder believes that she is within her legal rights to respond due to Murdoch’s comments. Cortes was fired after the settlement was reached.
Holder has worked for The Huffington Post, the Daily Caller and GrassRoots, a pro-medical marijuana magazine and alleged that the incident took place during the summer of 2016.
If you’re a fan of transplanted Canadian Gavin McInnes, then you might remember the feminist outrage when he told a fellow Hannity guest in 2015 that she, and other career women, would be happier staying “at home with the kids.” McInnes said that “Women do earn less in America, because they choose to,” because they would “rather go to their daughter’s piano recital than stay all night at work… so they end up earning less.” Tamara Holder calls his commentary “deplorable.”
Megyn Kelly had also complained that Roger Ailes was a sex pest, saying that he repeatedly attempted to grab her. When Kelly complained to a supervisor, she was allegedly told that it’s best to just stay out of his way.
Gretchen Carlson alleged last year that she was let go from Fox after 11 years due to her inability to stand for the sexual comments coming from Roger Ailes, who died in May of this year. Ailes allegedly called her a “man hater” and Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him after she was fired for reportedly refusing to sleep with him. The court filing states that Ailes said that the two “should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago.” She also accused Steve Doocy of “pervasive sexual harassment” saying that she was fired from her own show back in 2013 for complaining about bad behavior.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/crime/former-fox-news-personality-goes-rogue-hits-network-new-sex-allegation/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.