TRAGIC: 18-Month-Old Baby Girl Dies in a Bag of Mayonnaise, You’ll Never Guess Why

by Warner Todd Huston | February 7, 2015 5:03 pm

This really is a senseless and tragic tale of careless neglect of a child. An 18-month-old little girl died as a result of the quackery of a “home remedy” for head lice that involved mayonnaise and a big plastic bag.

These parents really should be charged[1] with negligence.

A Springfield (Massachusetts) police department spokesman says officers responded to a city home last Saturday for reports of a child not breathing.

Sgt. John Delaney says the little girl’s scalp was covered in mayonnaise and a plastic shopping bag was placed over her head, a common home remedy for head lice. The girl was left unattended and apparently fell asleep, allowing the bag to slip down over her face, suffocating her.

Come on. Seriously.

  1. These parents really should be charged:

Source URL: