by Melissa Clouthier | April 27, 2010 3:20 pm
This little ditty has been in my browser for a week. Finally getting around to sharing it. Mostly, I just want your thoughts.
Christina Hendricks (who is she? I have no idea) has some advice for the menfolk via Ryan Seacrest (American Idol host–see, I do pay attention to some pop culture!). My thoughts next to the points:
– We love your body. If we’re in love with you, we love your body. Your potbelly, everything. [I don’t know about this, actually.]
– Speaking of your body, you don’t understand the power of your own smell. Any woman who is currently with a man is with him partly because she loves the way he smells. [Absolutely true and scientifically proven, too.]
– We remember forever what you say about the bodies of other women. When you mention in passing that a certain woman is attractive – your comment goes into a steel box and it stays there forever. [Advice: Shut up.]
– We also remember everything you say about our bodies, be it good or bad. Doesn’t matter if it’s a compliment. [Advice: Say only good stuff.]
– Never complain about our friends – even if we do. [Advice: Complaining about our mothers is also not so great.]
– Remember what we like. [Duh.]
– We want you to order Scotch. It’s the most impressive drink order. [Hmmm….this must relate to what she likes, because really, do most women care? I don’t think so.]
– Stand up, open a door, offer a jacket. We talk about it with our friends after you do it. [True.]
– No shorts that go below the knee. [See Ann Althouse for this. Unless you’re participating in a sporting event, it might be wise to avoid shorts, period. Ditto sandals.]
– Also, no tank tops. In public at least. A tank top is underwear. [True.]
– No man should be on Facebook. It’s an invasion of everyone’s privacy. [Dangerous territory, Facebook, for a man. This deserves its own post.]
– You don’t know this, but when we come back from a date, we feel awkward about that transition from our cute outfit into sexy lingerie. We don’t know how to do this gracefully. [Take her word for it….]
– Panties is a wonderful word. When did you stop saying “panties”? It’s sexy. Say it more. [Okay, someone made this up. A guy, I think.]
– The men who constantly stare at our breasts are never the men we’re attracted to. [True.]
– There are better words than beautiful. Radiant, enchanting, smoldering, intoxicating, charming, fetching. [All of these words are nice, though.]
– Marriage changes very little. The only things that will get a married man laid that won’t get a single man laid are adultery and whores. [I think she means that the same things that worked before marriage, work after marriage–so keep on doing those things that worked.]
So what do you think of this advice? Helpful?
Image of the woman in question here.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/culture/advice-to-men-from-hollywood-hottie-christina-hendricks/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.