by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton | February 25, 2015 1:20 pm
It took a lot of guts to do what this young man did. They also offered him 20k in hush money. Fabulous. The proof in my opinion here is that the restaurant was shut down three days after this hit social media. As an added tip to us by what we assume was the whistleblower, the manager was transferred to another restaurant location. Josh Phillips, the former employee and whistleblower, has also gone on Outlaw Radio in LA to do an interview to expose Golden Corral over this. The guy seems like he just wants to do the right thing. I mean his biggest dream is to dance with Ellen DeGeneres. This is not a guy who is just going out to snare someone for wrong-doing… I believe he really cares. What’s more, when I was starting out, I saw various restaurants do similar things. I reported one of them to the state for non-payment and health issues as well. That didn’t set well with them. What got me was how they bleached lettuce to keep serving it long after it went brown. Think about that.
Here is a full description of everything that occurred in the restaurant.
- I started my short career at Golden Corral of New Boston, Ohio on November 4. That was my first day on the job.
- Within a short period of time I began to realize all the food regulations they were breaking and how unsanitary they were.
- So the next day I began to secretly record and take notes of all the shady activity that was occurring in the stores kitchen.
- My Trainer that day was another employee of the store. She showed me how they changed the date of preparation or the expiration on leftover food items. She also informed me that the dates were changed on a daily basis until the food item was gone and served to the customers. It didn’t matter how outdated or how spoiled the food was, as long as it got served and not wasted.
- It was mixed in with newer product so it wasn’t noticeable to the customers.
- I did receive many complaints from customers advising me how the food didn’t taste right.
- I personally saw chicken that was green and had a foul odor cooked and served on the food serving lines.
- I confronted the manager about it and he told me it was none of my concern and to do what I was told.
- I found that fish was being left out for hours reaching temperatures far beyond what was acceptable. My highest temperature reading was in the high 70’s, but that fish was eventually cooked and served even though it was well beyond acceptable to consume and smelled horribly.
- I only worked there for a short time but I received three or four burns on my arms from the steam and hot water coming in contact with my skin due to the malfunctioning of the equipment. I was told by a manger to suck it up and do my job.
- I quickly reported this to the local health department.
- On November 9 I got a call from my manger to report to work to discuss an issue.
- When I got to work the manager advised me that he found out I was videoing everything that was happening. He said that someone came to him and said they thought I was undercover working for the health department which is absurd.
- He said that he could not have me talking about the food being under cooked. I told Jeff that they were not cooking their food right and that it was a problem.
- The manager told me since I had made that comment I can not be working for them.
This is why we don’t eat out much. We prepare our own food. It is healthier, cheaper and tastes better. At least we know what we are getting. It says a lot about a young man who is willing to risk his job to do the right thing, so others won’t get sick. It says much more that the place closed down so fast and the manager was transferred. Don’t think I’ll be eating at Golden Corral, thank you very much. I’ve read other stories online from other states where they are using the same techniques with their food, etc. Sounds to me like the kid might even have a potential law suit against Golden Corral. I have had food poisoning several times. It can kill a person. This food chain might want to rethink their food preps due to liability issues.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/culture/an-employee-of-golden-corral-got-terminated-after-he-went-public-and-exposed-this-disgusting-reality-video/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.