by Matt Vespa | August 7, 2012 12:20 am
The Blaze posted an interesting story yesterday concerning the 70 things the Obama campaign might not want to tell voters concerning our economic state. : Taken from Sen. Tom Coburn’s 2011 Edition of his Wastebook, I’m sure you will find some interesting factoids to share with your liberal friends.
Here are a few of them courtesy of The Blaze:
- The price of gas: — When Obama took office, a gallon of gas cost you $1.85.: Today, it’s up to $3.59 per gallon: (July’s rise was 17 cents a gallon).
- 71% of small business owners believe we’re still in a recession: – Despite government claims that the recession actually ended years ago, a: majority of small business owners feel very differently.
- You have to work 107 days each year just to pay Federal, State, & Local taxes: — That means: you don’t earn a penny until April 18th.
- More than 30% of unemployed Americans have been out of work for more than a year: —: In 2007, that number was 10%.
- Low income America —: According to NBC News,: virtually half of all Americans are considered to be “low income” or living in poverty.
- Propping up the economy by monetizing our massive debt: – In 2008, the Federal Reserve bought “negligible” amounts of our debt, last year: the Fed purchased 61% of the government debt: issued by the Treasury Dept.
- Speaking of “no faith in the US Dollar”: — The price of gold when Obama was inaugurated, $850 an ounce.: Today, gold is over $1500.
- The disappearing family farm: — In the mid-1930s, America had an estimated 6.8 million farms. Today, the: EPA estimates that number to be right around two million: (and getting squeezed more and more by constricting regulation).
- Another (bad) trade record set with China: — In 2011,: our trade deficit with China was almost $300 billion: dollars. That is the single highest deficit that one country has had with another… ever.
- A stunning amount spent on stupid studies like: Why do chimps throw their poop?: — Almost $600,000 of your tax dollars was sent to the folks who studied chimpanzee poop tossing, plus $198,195 paid to find out if “tweeting” makes people happy…: It’s all HERE.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/democrats/70-things-barry-doesnt-want-you-to-know-about-the-economy/
Copyright ©2022 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.