by Matt Vespa | August 9, 2012 6:06 pm
I confess your honor! : Team Obama finally said ‘uncle’ and admitted that they knew the facts surrounding Joe Soptic’s disgraceful political pimping of his dead wife for political gain. : After the revelation that Soptic had a conference call with Deputy Campaign Manager and liar Stephanie Cutter, the mounting pressure on the Obama campaign to just spill it became overwhelming and it forced their hand. Now, we know that they’re even more despicable than we originally thought. : The truth shall set you free! : Politico posted today that:
‘No one is denying he was in one of our campaign ads. He was on a conference call telling his story,’ Psaki told reporters on Air Force One.
Missouri steelworker Joe Soptic starred in an Obama campaign ad: and participated in a conference call with the campaign in May,: as POLITICO reported Wednesday. He resurfaced this week in a Priorities USA Action super PAC ad, charging that his wife died of cancer afterMitt Romney‘s former private equity firm laid him off.
Distancing themselves from the controversial ad, Obama campaign staffers initially denied knowledge of Soptic’s story – despite the fact that he was in an Obama campaign ad.
Adviser Robert Gibbs said didn’t know “specifics,” while deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said on CNN: “I don’t know the facts about when Mr. Soptic’s wife got sick or the facts about his health insurance.”
And yesterday on Air Force One, Psaki said,’we don’t have any knowledge of the story of the family.’
So the team Obama knew his story. : Then, they must have known that Bain offered Mr. Soptic a buyout from his job. : So, Bain did try to help out Soptic, but he was just too stupid to take them up on their offer.
Courtesy of The Lid, we have a nice little timeline of Team Obama’s campaign of deceit concerning their relationship with Mr. Soptic.
- Obama Campaign Press Secretary Jen Psaki: “We Don’t Have Any Knowledge Of The Story Of The Family.” “But neither the campaign nor the White House passed judgment on the vicious commercial, which emerged from a super PAC backing Obama. ‘We have nothing, no involvement, with any ads that are done by Priorities USA. We don’t’ have any knowledge of the story of the family,’ Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters aboard Air Force One.” (Oliver Knox, “Obama Campaign: Don’t Blame Us For Ad Blaming Romney For Cancer Death,”ABC News,: 8/8/12)
- Obama Deputy Campaign Manager Stephanie Cutter: “ I Don’t Know The Facts Of When Joe’s Wife Got Sick Or When She Died .” CUTTER: “You do know that we don’t have anything to do with Priorities USA. By law, we’re not allowed to coordinate with them, and by law, we don’t have anything to do with their ads. I don’t know the facts of when Joe’s wife got sick or when she died.” (CNN’s: “Starting Point,”: 8/8/12)
- Obama Campaign Advisor Robert Gibbs: “ I Certainly Don’t Know The Specifics Of This Man’s Case.” GIBBS: “This is an ad by an entity that’s not controlled by the campaign. I certainly don’t know the specifics of this man’s case. I do think there is a lot of concern in the country about what happens when people lose their jobs.” (MSNBC’s: “Morning Joe,”: 8/8/12)
- While Team Obama Insists It’s Not “Familiar” With The Story Of Priorities USA Star Joe Soptic, All They Have To Do Is “Check Their Own Campaign Archives.” “When President Obama’s aides said they weren’t familiar with former Missouri steelworker Joe Soptic’s life story, all they had to do was check their own campaign archives. Soptic, laid off from Bain Capital-owned GST Steel, stars in a Priorities USA Action spot this week in which he tells of how his wife died without health insurance after he lost his job.” (Reid J. Epstein, “Team Obama Says They Don’t Know Story Of Man Who Stars Of Its TV Ad, Conference Call,”: Politico,: 8/8/12)
- Obama Deputy Campaign Manager Stephanie Cutter Hosted A Call With Soptic In May.“But Cutter hosted an Obama campaign conference call in May in which Soptic told reporters the very story featured in the Priorities spot.”[see video above] (Reid J. Epstein, “Team Obama Says They Don’t Know Story Of Man Who Stars Of Its TV Ad, Conference Call,”: Politico,8/8/12)
I take this as an indication that Obama and his team of politicos have got NOTHING on Mitt Romney. : He’s squeaky clean. : He’s a patriot, successful businessman, and believer in the American spirit that drove this nation to greatness. : Barack Obama ate a dog, was a do-nothing State Senator, and a member of the socialist New Party. : No wonder the Obama campaign has to be slanderous in their messaging. They have a loser for a leader.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/democrats/i-confess-obama-team-admits-they-knew-joe-soptics-story/
Copyright ©2023 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.