Union’s Battle Against Ohio Heats Up
by Warner Todd Huston | October 25, 2011 12:36 pm
On November 8, Ohioans will go to the polls to vote on a series of ballot initiatives, among them Issue 2.
A yes vote will support Governor Kasich’s collective bargaining reform (SB 5) to become law. A no vote would return power to the bloated, thieving unions to do hat they have always done: steal from the taxpayers. (I wonder if you can tell which side I am on, here? Ha, ha)
Unions have rolled into Ohio with millions of dollars for anti-issue 2 advertising, donations to politicians, and the usual corrupt bargaining behind the scenes that unions generally employ. Sadly, it looks like their big money has persuaded too many Ohioans to back the unions as polling shows Issue 2 is losing with voters.
Politico notes the numbers stacked up against good government with Issue 2:
The survey found 57 percent of voters said they support the repeal of what is know as “SB 5,” while 32 percent said they are against the bill’s repeal, amounting to a 25-point margin against the measure. In September, there was just a 13-point margin, with 51 percent saying they supported the repeal of SB 5 and 38 percent indicating they were against it.
If unions win this it will severely damage Governor Kasich’s ability to solve the $46.5 billion in unfunded liabilities that unions and their Democrat lapdogs have caused the state to become mired in.
For those of you interested in more info, here are some articles and resources.
- ‘Yes’ to all three questions on Ohio’s statewide ballot, by Kevin O’Brien
- Ohio: Issue 2, Collective Bargaining and the Moral High Ground
- OEA Employee: “OEA’s attitude is about power”
- Chart: We Are Ohio Funding 
- Union Bosses Use Soldiers as Props
- NEA Attacks Ohio Union Reform
- The Truth About Senate Bill 5 
- With Each Ohio Citizen Owing Government Workers $6150, Union Bosses Urge A Return To Cannibalism
- Are They Ohio? National Labor Orgs Fund Anti-Reform Union Front Group
- We Are Ohio’s ‘Facts’
Here are some good resources
- Myths vs. Truth | Building a Better Ohio
- We Are Ohio Bus Tour: Facts & Figures | Building a Better Ohio
- notes: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66782.html#ixzz1bnuLSfHY
- ‘Yes’ to all three questions on Ohio’s statewide ballot: http://www.cleveland.com/obrien/index.ssf/2011/10/yes_to_all_three_questions_on.html
- Ohio: Issue 2, Collective Bargaining and the Moral High Ground: http://www.redstate.com/kevin_holtsberry/2011/10/18/ohio-issue-2-collective-bargaining-and-the-moral-high-ground/
- OEA Employee: “OEA’s attitude is about power”: http://thathero.com/2011/10/21/oea-attitude-is-about-power/
- Chart: We Are Ohio Funding : http://thathero.com/2011/10/05/chart-we-are-ohio-funding/
- Union Bosses Use Soldiers as Props: http://www.redstate.com/jasonahart/2011/10/15/union-bosses-use-soldiers-as-props/
- NEA Attacks Ohio Union Reform: http://www.redstate.com/jasonahart/2011/10/12/nea-attacks-ohio-union-reform/
- The Truth About Senate Bill 5 : http://thathero.com/sb5/
- With Each Ohio Citizen Owing Government Workers $6150, Union Bosses Urge A Return To Cannibalism: http://www.laborunionreport.com/portal/2011/10/with-each-ohio-citizen-owing-government-workers-6150-union-bosses-urge-a-return-to-cannibalism/
- Are They Ohio? National Labor Orgs Fund Anti-Reform Union Front Group: http://biggovernment.com/jhart/2011/10/25/are-they-ohio-national-labor-orgs-fund-anti-reform-union-front-group/
- We Are Ohio’s ‘Facts’: http://www.redstate.com/jasonahart/2011/10/25/we-are-ohios-facts/
- Myths vs. Truth | Building a Better Ohio: http://betterohio.org/myths-vs-truth
- We Are Ohio Bus Tour: Facts & Figures | Building a Better Ohio: http://betterohio.org/news/2011/10/we-are-ohio-bus-tour-facts-figures
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/democrats/unions-battle-against-ohio-heats-up/