Video: ‘Steer the Coverage’
by Ed Driscoll | January 29, 2011 4:53 pm
We kick off another year of our Silicon Graffiti videoblog with a look at Old Media’s response to the horrific shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ). For anyone who was on Twitter at the time the news first broke, it was quite a sight watching old media’s narrative emerge in real time even before any of the basic facts of the story were known.
But this was far from the first time that a narrative was preformed–or very quickly assembled in the wake of a shock event. We try to place the MSM’s response to the Giffords shooting with some earlier attempts by the MSM to force the facts like a pretzel to fit an existing storyline:
- Krugman versus the clip-art.
- Camelot and the Prefab Narrative.
- Katrina: Iraq without Iraq.
- Airbrushing Rev. Wright out of the media.
- “N-Word 15 times.”
- Katie and Mayor Mike go looking for the Times Square Bomber in all the wrong places.
- “To be fair, there were some good reasons to steer the coverage initially in this direction.”
Tune in here to watch:
A larger version of this video is available at Ed Driscoll.com; a handy portable, easily embeddable YouTube format of the video is also available. And click here for three years worth of earlier editions of Silicon Graffiti.
- emerge in real time: http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2011/01/08/arizona-congresswoman-shot-killed/
- versus the clip-art: http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647
- and the Prefab Narrative: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdJM17ou2qg
- Iraq without Iraq: http://eddriscoll.com/archives/007649.php
- Airbrushing Rev. Wright out of the media: http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2010/07/20/how-the-wright-free-zone-was-built/
- “N-Word 15 times.”: http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2010/04/26/i-think-youve-pretty-much-won-this-one-no/
- in all the wrong places: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2010/05/03/cbs-features-ny-mayor-bloomberg-speculating-bomber-was-mad-about-obamac
- to steer the coverage: http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/17/nyt-say-maybe-we-should-have-waited-for-the-facts-before-blaming-the-right/
- A larger version of this video: http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/2011/01/27/steer-the-coverage/
- is also available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DIty-W8xmE
- click here: http://pajamasmedia.com/eddriscoll/category/ed-tv/
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/democrats/video-steer-the-coverage/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.