by Michael Fell | February 17, 2012 2:44 pm
Of late, much has been made about the current administration’s attack on First Amendment Rights. Attacks have been made on religious liberties (see healthcare mandate on contraception in religious affiliated institutions)
and freedom of the press (see White House and Media Matters coordinate attacks on FOX News)
While it may be correct to fight unconstitutional actions by this administration through continued pursuit of these specific issues, it might be wiser to focus on the bigger picture.
- He has violated the individual liberties of all our people by imposing forced participation in a government healthcare regulatory system without our consent.
- He has collaborated with his Attorney General to ignore equal protection under the law in favor of selective protections based upon arbitrary factors.
- He has violated American bankruptcy laws by willfully denying secured bond holders first payment, in favor of unsecured political supporters.
- He has violated the Constitution by accepting the position of Chairmanship of the UN Security Council.
- He has ignored the Constitutional separation of power by appointing “czars” to oversee matters that are intended to be handled by the legislative branch of the government.
- He has violated the First Amendment right to freedom of the press, by attacking television and radio networks, stations and broadcasters while attempting censorship.
- He has violated the individual’s right to free speech through creation of an email address to report Citizens in a blatant attempts to silence dissent through intimidation.
- He has violated the Law by ignoring the War Powers Act and engaging the United States military in overseas hostilities without the consent of Congress.
- He has violated the First Amendment by attempting to impose restrictions on free speech through implementation of Net Neutrality by the FCC.
- He has endeavored to interfere in the free market through the imposition of The Clean Energy and Security Act, which mandates carbon emissions be reduced to 17 percent below 2005 levels by 2020, 42 percent by 2030, and 84 percent by 2050. By 2020, this tax will extract an estimated $160 billion from the economy, or an average $1,870 per family.
- He has violated the Constitution by having the government offer $4,500 rebates to people for turning in older motor vehicles for newer vehicles
- He has interfered in America’s free market by having the National Labor Relations Board sue a privately owned company for planning to open for business in a State that protects an employee’s ability to work free of forced union membership.
- He has interfered in the free market by imposing restrictions and regulations on petroleum, natural gas and coal production in the United States.
- He has abandoned enforcing the security of American borders and protected illegal immigrants from prosecution for violation of immigration laws:
- He has abandoned and insulted our most enduring and faithful allies through speech and action, the most glaring among these being placing the State of Israel on the list of nations that foster terrorism.
- He has sought to impose additional taxes on us without our Consent.
- For depriving us in some cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
- For transferring billions of dollars to enemies of the United States through Foreign Aid.
- For ignoring the Constitutional separation of powers by publicly attacking the Supreme Court of the United States.
- For attacking America’s bedrock family values by ordering the Department of Justice to not defend the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- For repeated attacks upon America’s Christian foundation.
- For repeatedly slandering American Citizens with false accusations of racism, violent tendencies and hatred.
- For grossly accelerating and increasing the amount of America’s debt through passage of the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act, which had negligible effect on unemployment, sent billions of dollars overseas and wasted billions domestically bailing out States practicing irresponsible budgetary policies.
- For putting America and America’s allies at greater risk through cancellation of missile defense systems.
- For expanding the need for enormous increases in government borrowing,
- For collaborating with his Attorney General to try enemy combatants in civilian Courts.
- For collaborating with his Attorney General and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in the implementation of operation Fast and Furious, which has been implicated in the murder of American Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
- For devaluing our currency by engaging in the practice of Quantitative Easing, allowing the Federal Reserve to purchase trillions of dollars of our national debt.
The list could continue, but you get the idea.
A President whose character is thus marked by acts which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to govern a free people.
- [Image]: https://rightwingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/declaration-of-independence-stone-engraving-large1.jpg
- http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/catholic-bishops-criticize-new-contraception-proposal.html: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/catholic-bishops-criticize-new-contraception-proposal.html
- http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/12/inside-media-matters-sources-memos-reveal-erratic-behavior-close-coordination-with-white-house-and-news-organizations/: http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/12/inside-media-matters-sources-memos-reveal-erratic-behavior-close-coordination-with-white-house-and-news-organizations/
- http://mjfellright.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/tyranny/: http://mjfellright.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/tyranny/
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/economy/tyranny/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.