by John Hawkins | November 5, 2014 12:01 am
In order to take the Senate, the GOP needs to capture AT LEAST 6 new Senate Seats.
* Republican Cory Gardner defeated Mark Udall in Colorado.
* Republican Tom Cotton has defeated Mark Pryor in Arkansas.
* Republican Steve Daines has defeated Amanda Curtis in Montana.
* Republican Mike Rounds has defeated Rick Weiland in South Dakota.
* Republican Shelley Moore Capito defeated Natalie Tennant.
* Republican Joni Ernst has defeated Democrat Bruce Braley.
* Republican Thom Tillis has now defeated Kay Hagan in North Carolina.
* In Alaska, Republican Dan Sullivan is favored to defeat Mark Begich, but the votes haven’t come in yet.
* In Virginia, Mark Warner BARELY edged out Ed Gillespie and Jeanne Shaheen beat Scott Brown by a nose.
* Republican Pat Roberts has held his seat in Kansas.
* David Perdue defeated Michelle Nunn and beat her by a margin that prevented a run-off.
* Mitch McConnell easily defeated Alison Lundergan Grimes.
* In addition, Bill Cassidy appears to be on track to defeat Mary Landrieu in Louisiana, but didn’t do it by a margin big enough to avoid a run-off. However, since there was a third Republican in the race who took a large percentage of the vote, Cassidy is going to be heavily favored in that race.
* Once all these races are finished, that means the GOP SHOULD end up with a 9 seat Senate gain.
* As an added bonus, Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker held off a challenge from Mary Burke, Florida Governor Rick Scott defeated Charlie Crist, Sam Brownback won a tough governor’s race in Kansas & Republican Bruce Rauner won the governorship of Illinois! We also won governorship in Massachusetts and Maryland. Wow!
* As an extra added bonus for Republicans, Sandra Fluke is headed to DEFEAT in her CA State Senate race.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/election-2012/key-election-results-republicans-take-senate/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.