by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton | July 15, 2016 3:01 pm
If you have ever had a boil, you know they are painful, unsightly and disgusting. When lanced and removed, they tend to leave scars as well. They are caused by a bacterial infection and once you’ve had a boil, you are much more prone to getting them in the future. Samantha Payne found this out the hard way. She got a horrific bacterial infection from her salon where she went to get a pedicure. Turns out they didn’t cleanse and sanitize the foot basins.
From Independent Journal:
When Samantha Payne went into her local nail salon for a pedicure, she was likely looking for a relaxing, cleansing experience.
But several weeks after she left the salon, she found herself in excruciating pain as lesions began to form all over her legs.
As 12 On Your Side reports, Payne was diagnosed with a skin-attacking bacterial infection, a cutaneous mycobacterial infection, which had caused the lesions.
The treatment for the infection required Payne to endure several painful surgeries and left her with scarring on both of her legs.
Samantha had to endure several painful surgeries and they left her legs scarred. She is suing the salon for $1,000,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. I can’t say I blame her one little bit. According to podiatrist Robert Spalding, who spoke to US News in 2014, around 75 percent of nail salons in the United States do not follow state regulations on sanitizing products and foot basins. When it comes to foot basins in particular, The Huffington Post notes that it is difficult to clean them in a short period of time — they need to be completely drained, scrubbed thoroughly and disinfected for at least ten to twenty minutes. So, if you desire a pedicure, insist on a disinfected, clean basin first and be selective on your salon. You really do get what you pay for.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/health/beware-lady-warns-habit-many-women-give-nasty-scars-video/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.