by John Hawkins | November 8, 2011 3:53 am
With a few exceptions, foremost among them the New York Post, the coverage of OWS protests compared to the coverage of tea-party protests is the worst media double standard in recent history. Nothing compares, because nothing else involves this much distortion on both ends of the coverage. It’s not just that most press outlets (like the protesters themselves) look the other way at depravity happening inside Obamaville, it’s that for years they treated the tea-party movement as some sort of feral mob that was forever on the brink of rampaging through the streets – like, say, Occupy Oakland just did. If you missed it when I posted it last week, go watch the ad the DNC ran in August 2009 when tea partiers first started showing up to town halls on ObamaCare. That set the tone. We began the year with tea-party pols being smeared as killers over a shooting they had nothing to do with and we end it with actual rapes being shrugged off by the press because they’re bad PR for a movement they support. Disgrace. — Allahpundit
The mainstream media spent Obama’s entire first term falsely condemning the Tea Party as a potentially violent hate-filled mob. Then, a violent hate-filled mob actually showed up and the MSM embraced it.
It’s only going to get worse. As sympathetic liberal mayors are giving the protestors free rein to break the law, the media and the public get increasingly bored with them, and the anarchists, thugs, and wannabe revolutionaries attending the protests become more desperate to justify the time they’ve put in, violent outbursts are likely to increase, rather than decrease. The protestors are already trying to bait the police and even random citizens into conflicts to gain attention; so it’s only a matter of time until even more people die. In fact, the biggest question that remains about the protests at this point is how big the body count will be before they’re done….and, yes, there is already a body count.
1) A woman has died of a suspected heroin overdose at Occupy Vancouver as violence escalated at camps across America over the weekend, arousing concerns the protests may claim more victims.
The Mayor of Vancouver Gregor Robertson called for the camp to be closed down after the woman’s body was found on Saturday. She was said to be in her twenties and found in a tent by another protestor. She was pronounced dead upon arrival at hospital.
On Thursday, a man went into cardiac arrest at the Vancouver site, also from a suspected overdose, but was rescued by a first aider until paramedics arrived.
2) Ray Patnaude emails: “My wife and I were at the AFP dinner. Some info on the AFP member who was pushed down the stairs by the (Occupy DC) protestors… she is the second woman the police are helping up in the Daily Caller video. Her name is Dolores Broderson, age 78. She rode on a bus for 11 hours from Detroit to get there. She went to the emergency room with a bloody nose and bruises on her hand and leg.”
3) One of the speakers said the solution is nonviolent movement. No, my friend. I’ll give you two examples: French Revolution, and Indian so-called Revolution.
Gandhi, Gandhi today is, with respect to all of you, Gandhi today is a tumor that the ruling class is using constantly to mislead us. French Revolution made fundamental transformation. But it was bloody.
India, the result of Gandhi, is 600 million people living in maximum poverty.
So, ultimately, the bourgeoisie won’t go without violent means. Revolution! Yes, revolution that is led by the working class.
Long live revolution! Long live socialism!”
Crowd: [Cheers.] — Occupy LA
4) A 29-year-old man associated with Occupy Fort Collins (was arrested) on suspicion of setting the Oct. 24 fire that destroyed an Old Town condominium complex and severely damaged another appeared in court Friday. …The damage to the building is estimated at approximately $10 million.
5) The situation is just getting worse and worse for both protestors and residents in New York.
The quality of life for the Occupy Wall Street protestors have been drastically declining, with residents claiming that they are living on urine-filled streets and have even gone so far as “defecating on our doorsteps,” according to one neighbor.
They are also disturbing residents with loud drum beats that go on throughout the night.
Neighbors have gathered together and have asked for the protestors to vacate Zuccotti Park, where they have set up their base camp.
The board however, has called for a resolution that doesn’t affect the protestors’ First Amendment rights, but still calling for a crackdown on noise and public urination and defecation.
6) A lice outbreak was announced at the #Occupy Portland squatters camp this weekend.
Head AND Body lice.
7) Everything seems to be possible. [Crowd Parrot Chant] You can travel to the moon. [CPC] You can become immortal [CPC] by biogenetics. You can have sex with animals, or whatever. [CPC]. — Chant at Zuccotti Park
8) On October 24, three suspects approached a 24-year old female victim and allegedly threatened to kill her for filing a complaint with the NYPD that resulted in their friend’s arrest (for rape).
9) To date there have been at least four reported rapes and at least one attempted rape at these “occupy” encampments. Two of the victims were at the main Wall Street encampment and say they were urged not to report the attacks to the authorities.
Rapes also reportedly occurred at encampments in Dallas and Cleveland.
Now a fourth rape victim reports being raped at the Occupy Baltimore encampment. The victim say that other members of the encampment are protecting the perpetrator to avoid bad publicity for the movement. A reporter also finds masked thugs and evidence of heroin use at the Occupy Baltimore squatter camp. A leader for Occupy Baltimore laughs while admitting that the group urges it’s followers to conceal information about crimes committed at the encampment.
10) 4 #occupyarrests at #occupyasheville early Sunday morning puts global total (number of Occupy movement arrests) at 3362 #ows #ow #occupywallst
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/10-quotes-that-tell-you-how-bad-the-occupy-wall-street-movement-has-gotten/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.