by John Hawkins | April 17, 2012 1:49 am
Picking out the most disturbing moments of Barack Obama’s presidency is kind of like trying to choose the wettest parts of the ocean. Other than his “Even a blind squirrel sometimes gets a nut” moment where he said “yes” when the SEALS asked if they were allowed to kill Osama Bin Laden, his entire presidency has been one long, slow motion bamboo shoot sliding under the country’s fingernails. So, everyone reading will probably be able to think of a few national nightmares that aren’t included.
7) Obama bows to a Saudi King: Had Obama spent his childhood entirely in the United States, he probably would have known that real Americans don’t bow. Unfortunately, since that’s a lesson Obama hasn’t learned, Americans have had to endure their President humiliating himself and by extension, the rest of the country, by servilely bowing to foreign leaders. Perhaps the worst of these was the tyrannical, fanatical Saudi king. As Newt Gingrich has said, “I want America to become so energy independent that no American president ever again bows to the Saudi king.” No American President should have ever bowed to him in the first place.
6) Obama sides with a foreign leader against an American state: It’s bad enough that Obama has been persecuting Arizona for enforcing illegal immigration laws when his administration won’t do the job. However, in a despicable display Barack Obama held a joint press conference at the White House with Mexican President Felipe Calderon that featured both of them criticizing Arizona’s immigration law a>. If only there had been someone there to represent America at that event.
5) Obama shoves through history’s single most wasteful spending bill. The very first thing Barack Obama did after he was elected was push through the largest and most wasteful spending bill in human history. Most calculations of the cost of the bill came in somewhere between 800 billion and 1.2 trillion dollars. The whole purpose of the bill was supposed to be to create jobs and the Obama Administration claimed the bill would keep unemployment below 8%. Conservatives almost universally said the bill wouldn’t work and it received no GOP votes in the House along with only 3 in the Senate (Snowe, Collins, and Specter — before he changed parties). So, who turned out to be right about a bill that cost more than FDR’s New Deal AND the war in Vietnam combined in today’s dollars? Not Obama. We’ve now had 38 straight months of above 8% unemployment, the longest streak since the Great Depression.
4) The manned space program comes to an end: Putting a man on the moon is one of America’s greatest accomplishments and the catalyst for a wide range of scientific achievements. Under Obama, America’s Space Shuttle program was ended and in a twist so bizarre you wouldn’t buy it if you saw it in a movie, NASA’s mission has been changed to getting children excited about math and science, expanding international relationships, and doing Muslim outreach.
3) Paul Ryan alerts Tim Geithner that the economy ends in 2027: In one of the most amazing exchanges in the history of American government, after Tim Geithner presented the Obama Administration’s stratospherically high long- term budget projections, Ryan showed off a chart created by the CBO estimating that America’s economy will shut down in 2027 because of out-of-control government spending. In other words, in 15 years life as you know it in America is over because of the Obama Administration’s spending and Obama has absolutely no intention of doing anything about it.
2) Obamacare passes: Never before in American history has one party been arrogant and paternalistic enough to push through a massive entitlement program that was wildly unpopular with the American people and had zero votes from the opposing party. If it isn’t stopped, Obamacare will destroy America’s health care system by dramatically driving up the cost of care, rationing care, instituting death panels, driving tens of millions of Americans off their health care policies, adding trillions to the debt, and dramatically reducing the number of doctors available to treat patients. Of course the future of medicine in this country could be worse….well, that is if any of those zombie movies turn out to be right.
1) America loses its AAA rating: Despite the fact that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner assured Americans that there was “no risk” America would lose its AAA credit rating, America did indeed lose its rating for the first time since 1917 because of Barack Obama’s adamant refusal to cut spending. It’s worth noting that another credit rating company, Egan-Jones, downgraded the United States AGAIN just a couple of weeks ago from AA+ to AA. Unless something changes, historians will point to the Obama downgrade as the very moment when America started to come down like the Hindenburg.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/the-seven-most-disturbing-moments-so-far-in-barack-obamas-presidency/
Copyright ©2019 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.