Liberals Go Apoplectic Over Komen Foundation No Longer Providing Funds To Planned Parenthood
by William Teach | February 1, 2012 7:45 am
Personally, like Rush Limbaugh and Neal Boortz, I tend to avoid the abortion debate, mostly because it is not one of my core political interests. That said, watching Liberals go apoplectic, bat guano crazy, and spin like a neutron star is one of more core blogging interests, and this story has sent them over the edge, proving once again that a. they’re nuttier than a peanut farm, and b. they really loves them some abortion!
Washington Post – Why Komen defunded Planned Parenthood
Well, they didn’t really “defund” PP, because PP gets lots of money from other sources, including the Central Government.
The Associated Press reports that Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the nation’s leading breast-cancer charity, will cut off its funding to Planned Parenthood affiliates, where the foundation has traditionally paid for preventive screening services.
According to the AP, the move will mean “a cutoff of hundreds of thousands of dollars in grants, mainly for breast exams.” Planned Parenthood confirms that Komen is the first, and only, organization to cut off funding since the Congress began debating the issue in earnest last winter.
And there we get the talking point about “breast exams”, which is apparently the only thing PP does. Why’d Komen cut support?
Komen said it could not continue to fund Planned Parenthood because it has adopted new guidelines that bar it from funding organizations under congressional investigation. The House oversight and investigations subcommittee announced in the fall an investigation into Planned Parenthood’s funding.
That’s why. And that’s all the WP article says. Providing funds would be against Komen’s guidelines. Makes sense for them to hold off. And Liberals go crazy!
- and there go my contributions to the Kormen funds. since they’d rather have poor rural women die of cancer than stand up to the anti abortion fanatics, I hope they go under to (funny, liberals are pro-abortion fanatics)
- When I read this story I was so sad. I ran in one of the first races the Kormen foundation operated in D.C. and have been in awe of its work on behalf of women over the years. Unfortunately, this will make me think twice about giving any of more of my money to it. I would rather give to Planned Parenthood, which, despite the attacks from people and groups who seem to hate women, has managed to continue to provide the health services that women need and want. What a sad day for the Kormen foundation and for Susan Kromen’s memory. (abortions are health services?)
- Komen = scum; So they won’t fund women’s preventative health services at Planned Parenthood anymore because they are being “investigated”. Right. Like the investigation is about criminal activity — political non-sense. Komen should be ashamed.
The comments at the WP keep going strong, over 550, and most are in the vein of the above.
- Feministing Ugh. What bleak news. It seems the right-wing anti-woman agenda is continuing to creep up on us in new and damaging ways. I hope there will be considerable fallout and will post more updates as they come in. (we got the “anti-woman” talking point)
- Feminist Sadly, Planned Parenthood is not unused to falling victim to politics, but it rather smarts when the middle finger has a pink ribbon around it from an organization ostensibly devoted to women’s health. If you had some money set aside for a golf visor or a t-shirt or a cup of yogurt with a pink ribbon on it, Planned Parenthood is establishing a Breast Health Emergency Fund to try and regain some of the lost funds. (so, Komen is mean and partisan, so let’s stop giving to an organization that is all about dealing with women’s health regarding breast cancer because we support women’s health)
- Tbogg puts this under the sexist tag “shut up dumb lady, Pink is the new yellow” and recommends not giving to Komen anymore.
- The always loony Balloon Juice starts out with “Komen for the Cure is abandoning women in need” and then recommends not giving to Komen, an organization which helps women in need.
It continues like that across the left-o-sphere, at the DU, and in the comments at the blogs and Old Media articles. Liberals always say they are against war and strife, want to solve “climate change”, and want the world to have a Coke and sing kumbaya because killing is bad, yet, stand up for abortions at the drop of a hat, wrapping it in all sorts of disingenuous language, even though 91% of pregnant women who visit Planned Parenthood have abortions.
Crossed at Pirate’s Cove. Follow me on Twitter @WilliamTeach.
- Why Komen defunded Planned Parenthood: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/susan-g-komen-foundation-defunds-planned-parenthood/2012/01/31/gIQAACW0fQ_blog.html
- reports: http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ap-exclusive-amid-abortion-debate-komen-cancer-charity-halting-grants-to-planned-parenthood/2012/01/31/gIQA5LbffQ_story.html
- announced: http://www.sba-list.org/suzy-b-blog/rep-stearns-launches-investigation-planned-parenthood
- Feministing: http://feministing.com/2012/01/31/breaking-komen-foundation-pulls-breast-cancer-screening-funds-from-planned-parenthood/
- Feminist: http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2012/02/01/the-komen-foundation-decides-not-to-stand-with-planned-parenthood-after-all/
- Breast Health Emergency Fund: https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Donation2?df_id=3792&3792.donation=form1&s_src=SGKFundraising_0112_c3_pptw
- Tbogg: http://tbogg.firedoglake.com/2012/01/31/the-pink-badge-of-cowardice/
- Balloon Juice: http://www.balloon-juice.com/2012/01/31/komen-for-the-cure-cuts-planned-parenthood-funding-for-breast-cancer-screening-and-health-services/
- 91% of pregnant women who visit Planned Parenthood have abortions: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/01/91-of-the-pregnant-woman-who-visit-planned-parenthood-have-abortions/
- Pirate’s Cove: http://www.thepiratescove.us/
- @WilliamTeach: http://twitter.com/WilliamTeach
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/liberals/liberals-go-apoplectic-over-komen-foundation-no-longer-providing-funds-to-planned-parenthood/