by John Hawkins | February 24, 2009 2:56 am
15) The stimulus bill is the single largest spending bill in the history of humankind and yet, Obama is running around telling everyone how he’s going to cut the deficit in a few years. Obama claiming to be a deficit hawk — that’s like getting a lecture on honesty from Bill Clinton.
14) ACORN, which engaged in large scale voter fraud during the 2008 election that won’t be seriously investigated because Obama is in the White House, is now unapologetically breaking into houses across the country and encouraging squatters. Apparently, if you’re a liberal group, you are above the law as long as the Obama administration is in the White House.
13) Despite the fact that America just conclusively proved it’s not a racist nation by electing the first black President, race hustling bottom feeders like Al Sharpton and Julian Bond are making ridiculous charges of racism over an obviously non-racial cartoon. I thought the implicit promise of the Left was that electing Obama would put the race hustlers out of business?
12) Despite all the doomsday talk that we’re hearing about how only European style socialism can save us from another depression, this recession isn’t even close to being as bad as the one we endured in the early eighties. The utter lack of perspective about this topic is disturbing.
11) Barack Obama has already broken more campaign promises in a month than George Bush did in eight years. He’s a living, breathing example of everything people hate about politics. He’s habitually dishonest, will say anything if it benefits him politically, and he has already doled out more taxpayer money to his supporters via the stimulus bill than any politician in history.
10) Many of the same moderate Republicans who helped destroy the party over the last 4 years by pushing big spending, big government, pro-illegal immigration policies, and worst of all, John McCain, are once again declaring that the solution to our problems is to pursue many of the same policies that allowed the Democrats to take almost total control of D.C. “Thanks, but no thanks” for the “helpful” advice.
9) It’s grotesque to see the worshipful treatment Obama is getting. It seems like his face is on the cover of half the magazines in the country, the press treats him with kid gloves, and they’re naming schools after him. Meanwhile, he’s just another sleazy politician who has yet to show an aptitude for much of anything other than reading off of a teleprompter.
8) In what is sure to be the first of many betrayals, Arlen Specter, Olympia Snowe, and Susan Collins sold the Republican Party and the American people down the river on the stimulus package. The amazing thing was not that they caved, since it has come to be expected from those three, but that they prostituted themselves to the Democrats so cheaply. Had they simply held out for another week or two, they could have given the GOP much more leverage, shaved at least another hundred billion off the stimulus package, and could have acquired tens of millions more in goodies for their constituents.
7) The Treasury Secretary, Tim Geithner, is a tax cheat. Let me repeat that: Timothy Geithner, the guy who is the head honcho of the IRS, is a tax cheat. One more time, Tim Geithner, the guy who will be in charge when the Obama administration institutes what will probably be the single largest tax increase in American history, later in Obama’s first term, is a tax cheat.
6) Despite the fact that the Big 3 automakers have been so thoroughly destroyed by the unions that work for them that they have to come begging for billions per month just to survive, the Democratic Party is getting ready to try to ram a card check bill through the Senate that would expand the presence of unions all across the country. That’s like finding a turd in the punch bowl and just tossing it into the lemonade.
5) The single most successful program of the Clinton years, welfare reform, has already been essentially repealed with no debate via the stimulus package. It’s part of Obama’s attempt to radically transform the country before the American people fully realize what’s happening. So far, judging by the lack of discussion over welfare reform, it seems to be working.
4) The very same government that destroyed the banking industry by forcing it to make loans to people who couldn’t pay them back is now using the very crisis it created to try to nationalize the banking industry. This is like making an arsonist the new fire chief after he burned down the fire station and 3-4 city blocks surrounding it.
3) Barack Obama is like Jimmy Carter on speed. In anticipation of the American people vomiting at the mere mention of his name in the future, he’s trying to cram every single thing on the liberal wish list through so fast that our legislators don’t even have time to read the bills that they’re voting on.
2) We’re literally going to spend hundreds of billions of dollars rewarding people for failing to pay their mortgages. Granted, they’re not going to admit to that, but when people who pay their mortgages on time get nothing while people who aren’t paying their mortgages get a break, courtesy of their fellow citizens’ tax dollars, what else can it be called other than a reward for irresponsibility?
1) Prior to the stimulus bill being passed, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the recession we’re in would be over by the 2nd half of 2009. In other words, we’re going to spend 1.2 trillion dollars on a stimulus bill and best case scenario, it could pull us out of a recession 3-6 months early. Of course, it seems more likely that all the government interference and massive increases in debt could extend, rather than shorten the length of the recession. If we’re not out of it by 2010, we know who deserves the blame.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/15-reasons-im-already-tired-of-the-obama-era/
Copyright ©2022 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.