by John Hawkins | October 8, 2002 8:04 pm
Do Conservatives Listen To Music When They’re Eating Endangered Species?: I was inspired by an article I read yesterday called “Southpark Republicans” to talk a little bit about the TV shows I watch and the music I listen to.
First off, I don’t watch a lot of TV. But when I do watch TV, for whatever reason I tend to watch shows that most people think of as “low brow” fare. My faves are Southpark, The Simpsons, any of the Star Trek series, Carolina Panthers Football, and Professional Wrestling.
I suppose that’s sort of odd when you think about it. I mean it’s not unusual for me to go from reading Sean Hannity’s ‘Let Freedom Ring’ (which is what I’m currently reading), to writing about the policy implications of ‘pre-emption’ vs ‘containment’, to flipping on the TV so I can watch Bubba Ray Dudley hit someone in the mouth with a chair before putting them through a table.
John Hawkins's book 101 Things All Young Adults Should Know is filled with lessons that newly minted adults need in order to get the most out of life. Gleaned from a lifetime of trial, error, and writing it down, Hawkins provides advice everyone can benefit from in short, digestible chapters.Buy Now
Then there’s my taste in music. I grew up listening to gangster rap like the Geto Boys and NWA when I was a kid and I later switched over ‘alternative’ bands like the Cure, the Violent Femmes, & the Smiths along with heavy metal bands like Twisted Sister. Currently my favorite band is the Insane Clown Posse — which is one of the most violent and obscene bands you’re ever going to hear.
In order, my favorite 20 songs of all time….
20) Type O Negative — Black #1
19) The Cure — Strange Attraction
18) Geto Boys — Gangster Of Love
17) Leanne Womack — I Hope You Dance
16) New Order — True Faith
15) Modern English — Melt With You
14) Motorhead — It’s All About The Game
13) Nixons — Sister
12) Quiet Riot — Cum on Feel The Noize
11) Kid Rock — I Am The BullGod
10) AC/DC — Back In Black
9) Donna Lewis — I Love You Always Forever
8) Insane Clown Posse — Under The Moon
7) Loverboy — Lovin’ Every Minute Of It
6) Berlin — Take My Breath Away
5) Rage Against The Machine — Bulls on Parade
4) Nine Inch Nails — Head Like A Hole
3) Insane Clown Posse — Hokus Pokus
2) The Cure — Just Like Heaven
1) Creed — My Sacrifice
For any of your planning to download this stuff to listen to what it sounds like, do keep in mind that some of these songs are obscene — don’t say I didn’t warn ya…
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/do-conservatives-listen-to-music-when-theyre-eating-endangered-species/
Copyright ©2018 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.