HORROR: Four VA Staff Quit In OK When Veteran Dies With Maggots In His Wounds

HORROR: Four VA Staff Quit In OK When Veteran Dies With Maggots In His Wounds

WARNING: If you care about our veterans, or have a heart in general, this will both rip you up inside while simultaneously have you wanting blood!

owenpeterson

So far, four members of staff resigned from a southeastern Oklahoma VA facility after a veteran seeking treatment was found to have maggots in his wound.

Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs executive director Myles Deering claimed that the maggots were found while the patient was still alive at the Talihina facility. He also claimed that the maggots were not the cause of his death.

Trending: The 15 Best Conservative News Sites On The Internet

orig_src_susanne_posel_daily_n

Deering said the veteran checked into the facility with an infection and later died of sepsis. The VA said a physician’s assistant and three nurses, including the director of nursing, all up and left after an investigation over the matter was complete.

Spokesman Shane Faulkner said that these four went ahead and resigned before any of them could face the consequences of termination.

This disgusting display of inhumanity was reported to the Oklahoma State Department of Health and the district attorney for LeFlore and Latimer counties to see if charges should be brought up on these former employees. The veteran who died was Owen Reese Peterson and he was 73, according to his son Raymie Parker. His explanation of what happened is downright infuriating:

“During the 21 days I was there … I pled with the medical staff, the senior medical staff, to increase his meds so his bandages could be changed, I was met with a stonewall for much of that time.”

The facility has been unable to stem its staffing issues where it has difficulty finding and retaining any, Sen. Frank Simpson said.

This story comes as another revolting report about a VA facility providing substandard care has also been swaying around. At a VA in Tomah, WI, 600 veterans were infected with diseases such as hepatitis and HIV because the resident dentist had used non-sterilized equipment.

Is this Communist Cuba? What the hell?!

Share this!

Enjoy reading? Share it with your friends!