by John Hawkins | April 1, 2015 10:31 pm
As of Monday, April 27th, all of our writers will be doing their own posts on Facebook. This is not particularly difficult or time consuming. Once you get the format down, it should probably take less than 5 minutes to do all 3 of your posts. The advantage of doing this is that your posts will get up a day sooner in most cases, which will likely mean more traffic. Also, as thanks for doing it, everybody will be getting a dollar raise per hour starting in May.
Here are your instructions!
1) Log into the Right Wing News Facebook page by choosing it from this part of your personal Facebook page.
2) Post the URL of your story into the status section.
3) First, we’re going to want to fix the title. TAKE OUT “John Hawkins’ Right Wing News.” Add the word [Read] for a regular story or [Watch] for a video centered story. There is a 100 character maximum there. So, if your post goes over 100 characters, you will have to shorten it.
4) Typically, you won’t have to do anything with the image. If for some reason, it doesn’t load, refresh the page and put the url in again. Hopefully, that will do it. If for some reason it doesn’t load the image (typically, it’s because it wasn’t put in when the image was published or because the image is less than 400 pixels), then you may need to upload an image. In very rare cases, if it won’t upload an image at all (this happens rarely), you may need to completely recreate post. Again, that seldom happens.
5) Next, we need to put in a tagline. Ideally, we want to put in a line that either….
A) Encourages people to click on the story (our ultimate goal)
B) Encourages them to comment
C) If either of those is tough to come up with, then just a snappy quote from the article, a 2 or 3 word summary like “Disgusting [Read]” or “This is horrible [Read]” works.
We also want the word [Read below] at the end of the tagline or [Watch below] at the end of a video oriented post to encourage more people to click through. It may seem silly, but it works.
6) Now we schedule the post. *** THIS WEEK *** we are going to have you schedule your posts for the *** NEXT DAY ***. That will give us opportunity to check your work and help you get the concept down. Starting *** NEXT WEEK *** we will have you scheduling posts on the same day.
So when do you schedule posts? Well, here’s when you can schedule posts….
6 AM EST
7 AM EST
8 AM EST
9 AM EST
9:30 AM EST
10 AM EST
11 AM EST
12 PM EST
1 PM EST
2 PM EST
3 PM EST
4 PM EST
5 PM EST
6 PM EST
6:30 PM EST
7 PM EST
7:30 PM EST
8 PM EST
10 PM EST
Go down the list and look for the first open slot. Then place your post in it. Make sure not to post at 8:30 PM EST, 9 PM EST, 9:30 EST, 10:30 EST or 11 PM EST because we have trades there.
That’s it! Once you’ve done that, you have your post scheduled!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me or Tiffiny. Also, expect to hear from Tiffiny and myself this week as we check over your work. Again, this may SEEM complicated at first glance, but after you do 2 or 3 stories, you’ll find it to be quick and easy!
PS: If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to either Tiffiny or me!
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/how-to-do-a-post-on-facebook/
Copyright ©2022 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.