by Greg Campbell | August 5, 2015 3:46 pm
One mother inadvertently stumbled into a potential hazard for babies all around the globe and as a result of her mistake, has opted to shine a light on the possible hazard. LiftBump reports:
Metro UK reports that a guilty feeling mom, Gemma Colley, recently posted a photo of her “oops” on The UnMumsy Mum’s Facebook Page.
“Yesterday I had a spray tan, a few hours later I breastfed my little boy. Cue 5 o’clock shadow and a very guilty mummy.”
“I’m just another mummy trying to shed light on the adventures and misadventures of being a parent.”
According to La Leche League, spray tanning’s main ingredient isdihydroxyacetone and is not FDA approved for internal use. Though it’s not clear how much needs to be ingested to cause detriment, it can have effects on muscles and cells.
If you really need that extra color on your skin, one mom’s advice is to use a breast pad when you get it done. It may produce a slightly funny looking result, but your baby will be safe.
The baby will likely be just fine, but most women would not want to abstain from drinking, smoking, and caffeine for 9 whole months only to have their work undone by a potentially hazard chemical being introduced during breastfeeding. So, pass this info along to new mothers.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/mom-gets-done-feeding-her-baby-only-to-realize-the-big-mistake-shes-made/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.