The Morning After
by Melissa Clouthier | November 5, 2008 10:53 am
I have some random thoughts that I’m going to throw up here in no particular order of importance. I’ll put it in list form, though:
- We lost because the only coherent message McCain had was himself. Other than that, I agree with Ace. Not one “big idea”.
- It is not Sarah Palin’s fault we lost. She will be around for a long time. The Republican establishment better get used to it. And McCain’s insiders better keep their yappers shut (they won’t). She will raise more money than anyone. She is a force to be reckoned with. Deal with it.
- The Northeast is lost. Can it be found?
- The South wasn’t as sold Republican as it should have been. Can it be reenergized?
- President Bush will go down in history as a much better president than he has been portrayed these eight years.
- That said, if I hear “compassionate conservatism” one more time, someone gets pounded. Believing in the individual IS compassionate. The government is almost NEVER compassionate in the way they give “help”.
- Obama is in for a rough road. There is no way he can please his base. No way. If he does, he alienates America. If he fails his base. Oh boy……
- The press will still cover for Obama. They have invested too much in him to admit they are wrong.
- It’s over. This election season sucked. It was too long, too fraught and exhausting. It is lame that 2012 is being talked about already, but it’s the way of the world I guess. For me, I’d like a vacation for a while.
Cross-posted at MelissaClouthier.com
- MelissaClouthier.com: http://melissaclouthier.com
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/the-morning-after/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.