by John Hawkins | April 24, 2009 7:47 am
DHS has identified retired military, right-wing extremists to monitor; exhuming George Washington to make sure he’s dead. — BOTeleprompter
How oppressive must a leader be before we determine that he has not merited a hug by the democratic standard-bearer of the free world, the president of the United States? — Shmuley Boteach
Methinks an appropriate cry today might be “No representation without taxation.” That would eliminate over 40 percent of the electorate, leaving the productive 60 percent in charge. — John Derbyshire
Perhaps we need an investigation not of the enhanced interrogation program, but of what the Obama administration may be doing to endanger the security our nation has enjoyed because of interrogations and other antiterrorism measures implemented since Sept. 12, 2001.
Mr. Hoekstra, a congressman from Michigan, is ranking Republican on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. — Peter Hoekstra
If people plunder you on the sea, that piracy. If people plunder you on land, that’s the Obama administration. — Frank J.
If we have another 2,000 people killed, I want Nancy Pelosi and George Soros, John Conyers and Pat Leahy to go to the funeral and say, ‘Your son was vaporized because we didn’t want to dump some guy’s head under water for 30 seconds.’ — Peter King
Zombies are dead creatures that don’t produce anything and must devour the lives of others, even though once everyone becomes a zombie, there’ll be nothing left for anyone to eat. Government is exactly the same. It doesn’t start businesses, it doesn’t create wealth, it doesn’t invent anything. It devours all the stuff that you make. — Andrew Klavan
If you criminalize legal advice, which is basically what they’re going to do, then it has a terribly chilling effect on any kind of advice and counsel that the president might receive,” McCain said during an interview on CBS’s “Early Show.” …
McCain compared the potential prosecutions with the actions of “banana republics” that “prosecute people for actions they didn’t agree with under previous administrations. — John McCain on the CBS Early Show
Lifetime for Men debuted the original television movie as part of its spring schedule. Other programs in the new lineup include the weekly drama series A Life Unburdened, starring Treat Williams as a man who enjoys a series of meaningless sexual encounters and then dies rich and happy, and the hit Catching Up, in which two old college friends get together to drink cheap beer and eat sandwiches for 60 minutes. — The Onion
America became a great civilization thanks to a culture based on the value of having to earn almost everything an American got in life. As it abandons this value, it will become a mediocre civilization. And eventually it will not be America. It will be a large Sweden, and just as influential as the smaller one. — Dennis Prager
Benjamin Franklin, among others of the founding fathers, warned that the republic would survive until ordinary citizens learned to tap that public till. It looks like we’re there. — Wesley Pruden
Only a man with a screwed-up psyche, the likes of which we’ve probably never had in the White House before, would fly off to foreign shores to campaign against his predecessor and to offer abject apologies to anyone listening for the harm he imagines his country did to others, while carefully excluding himself from any of the criticism.
All for the embrace, physical and otherwise, of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Hugo Chavez, of Evo Morales and Danny Ortega. Most of us would say, in word or deed, “insult my country, dude, and you’re insulting me, so back off.” But this is the kind of fierce pride in home, kith and kin that Barack Obama never knew; he even married a woman who said she never felt love of country until her husband reached the front gate of the White House. — Wesley Pruden
In truth, President Obama seems to champion the twisted “Blame-America First” mentality of the worst of the American left.
…You know that Barack Obama’s hubris and charisma conceal the inexperience and lack of wisdom that our country cannot afford in its president.
And though the teleprompter and mainstream media liberals may delay America’s realization of the peril the Obama White House portends for our future for a while, the eventual failure of leftist policies and ineffective leadership will not. — Michael Steele
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/top-news/this-week-in-quotes-april-1723/
Copyright ©2021 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.