by John Hawkins | August 17, 2007 8:00 am
Now, I will be the first to admit that the GOP was very disappointing in the 2006 election cycle and although the Republicans have improved significantly in a lot of areas, they’re still not doing as much as conservatives have asked them to do on spending, corruption, immigration, and foreign policy.
That being said, while conservatives need to continue to hold the feet of the GOP to the fire, as we did in the illegal immigration fight, we should not forget the potential perils of having a Democratic President at this sensitive time in our nation’s history.
Today’s Democratic Party and its likely nominee, Hillary Clinton, have moved well to the left of where they were in the pre-George W. Bush era. That could have some rather serious consequences if she becomes the next President of the United States.
Consider the following:
* Kyoto: Clinton is a supporter of the Kyoto Protocol, which would cause energy prices to soar and would seriously damage the American economy even though most environmentalists will admit that it won’t significantly cut the amount of greenhouse gasses being produced by mankind.
* Corruption: Her brother was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to help get pardons from her husband. During Hillary’s previous stay in this White House, trips to the Lincoln bedroom were handed out for campaign contributions. She actually drew up legal documents that were used in the Whitewater land scheme and she got away with being bribed through a crooked cattle futures deal. Hillary Clinton would be one of the most corrupt Presidents ever to sit in the White House.
* Tax Hikes: Hillary is a diehard socialist and will certainly slow the economy down and take more money out of the American people’s pockets with a tax hike. She has even voted against ending the marriage penalty and the child tax credit.
* Amnesty and Open Borders: Hillary is a big supporter of comprehensive immigration reform for illegal aliens and with a Democratic Congress to help her, it’s entirely possible she’ll be able to succeed where George W. Bush failed with amnesty.
* Losing Iraq: In 1975, Democrats deliberately delivered South Vietnam into the hands of the Communists by cutting off the aid and air support that we had promised them because the Dems believed it would benefit them politically. The result was a Communist takeover of Vietnam, genocide, an enormous loss of American prestige, and a crisis of confidence in our military that wasn’t truly reversed until George Bush won the Gulf War.
If Hillary Clinton becomes President and we are still in Iraq, she will deliberately lose the war early on in her presidency because she will believe that she can blame it on George Bush. That will allow her to avoid taking on a politically unpopular war. The result of her actions would likely be a huge victory for Al-Qaeda, genocide, an enormous loss of American prestige, and a crisis of confidence in our military.
* Disaster In The War On Terror: When Bill Clinton was in power, the 2nd Intifada started, Al-Qaeda launched terrorist attacks at America practically with impunity, he turned down an offer of Sudan to hand over Osama Bin Laden, Pakistan and India built nuclear programs right under our noses — and we believe North Korea built nuclear weapons.
If Hillary were to become President, expect North Korea to become a permanent nuclear power, Iran to start a nuclear arms race in the Middle East, and Al-Qaeda to get a breather to rebuild their forces because Hillary will be more concerned with whether Europe likes us or not than stopping another 9/11.
Additionally, she would certainly curtail the wiretapping of terrorists and would treat them as mere criminals instead of unlawful combatants, which would significantly hurt our intelligence gathering and make another 9/11 much more likely.
* Socialized Medicine: If Hillary Clinton gets her way and we have socialized medicine in this country, taxes will soar, the quality of medical care will decrease, and the wait times to get surgeries will grow enormously.
* Supreme Court: Currently, the Supreme Court is balanced on a knife’s edge. There are 4 originalist judges who believe in sticking to the Constitution, 4 liberal judges who view the Court as nothing more than a Super Legislature than can be used to push a left-wing agenda, and one moderate judge.
That means the Supreme Court nominees of the next President of the United States will likely tip the balance of the court dramatically to the left or right and with Hillary, of course, you can be sure that the judges would be extremely liberal.
We don’t know who the Republican nominee will be yet, but whoever he is would have to be an enormous improvement over the massive head-on car crash in an earthquake that a Hillary Clinton presidency would be for America.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/8-reasons-why-conservatives-must-defeat-hillary/
Copyright ©2020 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.