by John Hawkins | June 12, 2008 4:35 pm
Whether it’s Michael J. Fox talking about embryonic stem cells, Cindy Sheehan talking about the war in Iraq, or Max Cleland being trotted out to flack for John Kerry, there’s nothing liberals love better than a spokesman that you’re not supposed to be able to argue with.
The latest person who’s supposed to be able to say whatever she wants without anyone being able to respond to her is apparently Michelle Obama, who inspired this drivel from Dick Durbin,
Well, I know Michelle, she’s been my friend, a friend of my wife, for many, many years. She can take it. She can handle herself. She’s a very accomplished person. But I will tell you this: the hottest ring in hell is reserved for those in politics who attack their opponents’ families. And if there are some Republican strategists who think that’s the way to win the election, I think they’re wrong.
Setting aside the overheated rhetoric about the “hottest ring in hell,” I would generally agree with Durbin that the families of politicians should be left out of political battles.
But the Left, being the Left — for the most part at least — only sees human decency as something that they can exploit for their own purposes. So, if decent people don’t want to attack the families of politicians, then use the families of politicians as spokesmen. Then, when they’re treated like the spokesmen that they are, pretend to be shocked and horrified at the whole spectacle. It’s exactly what liberals did with Cindy Sheehan. They took a dumb, not particularly stable, grieving woman and put her on point against the war. Then, they showed how much they cared about her by discarding her like a used tea bag once she challenged Nancy Pelosi and was therefore of no more use to them.
Now, they want to play the same game with Michelle Obama. Out on the campaign trail, she’s going to make an idiot of herself by saying things like,
“(America is) just downright mean.”
“Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.”
“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction.”
But, if you quote Michelle Obama or worse yet, disagree with her comments, then you’re a bad person who deserves to be in the “hottest ring in hell.” Of course, if you get there, you probably won’t be able to find a place to sit because all the seats will already be filled by liberals who have taken shots at Nancy Reagan, Mary Cheney, Laura Bush, the Bush twins, and Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee’s kids.
Update #1: From the comments section,
So to recap:
– We can’t talk about Obama’s looney-toon wife, that’s an “attack”.
– We can’t talk about his racist church, that’s a “distraction”.
– We can’t talk about his racist pastor, that’s “guilt by association”.
– We can’t say Obama’s middle name, that’s a “racial epithet”.
– We can’t talk about the flag pin, that’s a “smear”.
– We can’t call him a liberal, that’s “labeling”.
– We can’t question his ultra-liberal views, that’s an attempt to “distract us from the issues that affect our lives”.
– We can’t question his commitment to the War on Terror, that’s an “attempt to play on our fears”.
– We can’t talk about his plan to appease terrorist states, that’s a “negative personal attack”.
– We can’t talk about his Chicago background or his association with Weather Underground or Tony Rezko, that’s “pouncing on every gaffe and association and fake controversy”.
Can we still make fun of his ears?” — B_Hussein_Obama
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/dick-durbin-if-you-disagree-with-michelle-obama-you-deserve-to-go-to-the-hottest-ring-in-hell/
Copyright ©2022 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.