by John Hawkins | August 18, 2005 9:54 am
Just for the fun of it, the 10 best action sequences ever in the movies, in order…
10) The Crow: The invincible Brandon Lee vs. an entire room full of gangsters in a bloody gun battle with slamming music pumping in the background. It was murderous fun!
9) Troy: The Duel between Achilles and Hector was stylish and well done, despite the fact Brad Pitt was involved…
8) Saving Private Ryan: The opening action sequence gave you more of a feel for the peril soldiers were in than any previous movie. It was beyond intense…
7) Fist of Legend: This is the best martial arts movie ever made & the final scene that features Jet Li against the nearly unstoppable Japanese general was phenomenal.
6) The Killers: This movie was full of voluminous & stylish gunplay from Chow-Yun Fat, but the big gun battle at end where dozens and dozens of gangsters died, along with the cruel plot twist, really stood out.
5) The Matrix Revolutions: This was an execrable movie with horrible dialogue, but the super powered battle between Neo and Agent Smith at least lived up to the hype.
4) Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: The massive final battle in this movie may be the finest large scale battle ever filmed. Giant clashing armies, cut aways to fantastic battles between heroes and monsters, stunning giant war elephants. It was just superb!
3) Kill Bill Vol 1: Whatever you think of Tarantino, you’ve got to give him credit for making Uma Thurman look like Bruce Lee — especially in the incredible bloody brawl at the end of the movie. The Bride vs. the Crazy 88 was off the charts.
2) Equilibrium: When John Preston takes out an entire headquarters using the “gun kata.” Just awesome.
1) The Matrix: The rescue of Morpheus. That’s the most influential action sequence of the last decade if you ask me.
Source URL: https://rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/the-10-greatest-action-sequences-of-alltime/
Copyright ©2023 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.